Piperbarb's 2014 Project 365

piperbarb

1-6-14:

By the time I left work, the temperature was dropping like a rock. When I got home, I decided that tonight would be the perfect night to take an opportunistic feline photo:

006 Buster-140106_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-7-14:

Considering the high today was about 3ºF, I really wanted a photo of something that indicated sunshine and warmth. So here is a strawberry. Don't worry, I washed it after I took the photo and before I ate it.

Always Wash Your Fruit
007 Strawberry-140107_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-8-14:

This is what happens when you spend your workday trying to impart scientific knowledge to adolescents.

Have You Contemplated Your Navel...........Orange Today?
008 Orange-140108_01.jpg

Last edited:

piperbarb

1-9-14:

Cold winter days result in desperate photos. How about the bottom of Jenny's foot. It sounds easier to photograph than one would think. As soon as Jenny (our Lab) realizes that she is the center of attention, she's all interested in what is going on. I had to have Spousal Unit keep her distracted by petting her and rubbing her belly. I was able to get two dog foot photos before she started squirming.

Canine Candid
009 Jenny's Foot-140109_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-10-14:

I think I'm getting cabin fever. :) Spousal Unit had left his reading glasses on the kitchen table. When I walked by, I noticed the reflection of the overhead light on his glasses. I love photographing reflections. I played around with the reflections for a few minutes and ended up with this photo.

Looking Back
010 Eyeglasses-140110_01.jpg

piperbarb

My wife teaches 9th grade English you by ave my sympathy

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
Thanks. My condolences to your wife. I think teaching English to teenagers has to be harder than teaching science to the same kids. At least with science, I can often resort to presenting "yuck factor" things to get a point across. :)

piperbarb

1-11-14:

Considering we had episodes of pouring rain today, I was lucky when I got this photo. It seemed that all the neighborhood birds came out during the brief spell when the rain stopped. This guy grabbed his seed and was starting to take off. I was surprised how well this came out, considering I was using my 55-200mm non-VR zoom, and a shutter speed of 1/60th. ISO was set at 400. You can definitely see his motion.

Expecting to Fly
011 Expecting to Fly-140111_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-12-14:

Buster loves to sleep on the back of the couch. It has a great vantage point. He can look outside and also around the living room and into the kitchen.

BBBBUUUURRRRPPPP...Excuse Me.
012 Buster-140112_01.jpg

Actually, Buster was just cleaning himself. :)