Nikon mirrorless finally

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Quite frankly, to finally get 45MP sensor and new glass that can keep up with it(!!!!!) and then an AF 50 with whopping f/0.95 and VR thanks to the sensor gimmick - this honestly beats Fuji for bokehliciousness. And out EL15's to keep up with power demands unlike Fuji's dinky cells.

I agree with you, but at what price... Between the Nikon 50 .95 and the Fuji 56 1.2, I'm not certain the bokeh difference will be that much. But the price though...
I'm not trying to start an argument, but the Fuji' size and weight, lens quality and IQ makes it a serious option. At our local photo club, I've see quite a bit of people switching fro Nikon FX to Fuji and I haven't seen one go back yet.

I have both and have to say that both have their advantages and weaknesses. But I have so much Nikon old glass that I'm not going to go with another lens mount as of yet. I remember switching from Canon to Nikon because of their lens mount change.

The 45 mp files certainly have their use for some photographers, but not for me. I have enough MPs with my D810.

I think I'm all good for now with my Df, D810, D7200, X-E2 and X-T2... After all I've only got 2 hands. :)

Daz

I got to shoot with a Fuji XT20, a Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 2 and a Nikon D850 on Monday and apart from the obvious focal lengh differences, they all gave me useable images, I think we get too caught up on image quality vs different cameras these days.

spb_stan

Why is it a problem with 1 slot? The XQD is much more reliable, and the only digital storage media designed as a pro grade device. The Mean Time Between Failure rating is much longer than the flimsy consumer grade SD. Another advantage of XQD is that it is faster, so much so that the small buffer clears in about 1 second. That means bursts of 35 raw shots and lifting off the shutter release for one second gives you an empty buffer again.
A third advantage of using a pro-grade system is the speed of download. The real-time transmission at 1gigabit per second is possible using the optional WT-7 dual-band RF link that can transfer files as they are taken at that speed to any number of storage devices such as laptops or network drives at the same time .over a radius of 660 ft! A wedding photographer could have JPG image images downloading to an editing computer as they are taken, and display a slideshow without ever removing a card or connecting to a network cable. For pros, to had that ability or even the build in WiFi is almost real-time transfers of large jpgs over a shorter distance. Every studio, event, location pro would benefit from not having to depend on unreliable SD cards.
Yes, a lot of people got emotionally overexcited over the "deal breaker" but they are not thinking very clearly or understand the Z7 and Z6 are actually more reliable by not depending on consumer grade cost cutting. The future of file handling is all RF, and only the new Nikon Z series has it now. Others have slow, short distance wi-fi connections that don't work that well.

The biggest news and long-term benefit of the Z series the large new Z mount that will allow the sharper corner to corner smaller simpler faster lenses that are sharper wide open than what is available now that do not need VR.
Every report has been raving about the image quality and how good the EVF is. This is going to be a successful series despite what the complainers on Youtube claim. The early rejection of products before even seeing one is a predictable first response of every camera released by Nikon. Ignore the naysayers, they don't know as much as they think they do.

Nero

This is going to be a successful series despite what the complainers on Youtube claim. The early rejection of products before even seeing one is a predictable first response of every camera released by Nikon. Ignore the naysayers, they don't know as much as they think they do.
That's the world of YouTube these days. Got to get those views.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Daz

Whilst memory cards CAN fail, SD is MUCH more likely to fail than an XQD card, this is very likely down to the polar opposite ways that the cameras handle the data transfer.

Remember that Nikon have put a chip in the camera thats SOLE purpose is to move the shift the data onto the card. This is also part of the reason they do not have massive buffer on the camera.....

SkvLTD

I got to shoot with a Fuji XT20, a Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 2 and a Nikon D850 on Monday and apart from the obvious focal lengh differences, they all gave me useable images, I think we get too caught up on image quality vs different cameras these days.

And thus, my purchase of this year went to XT3. As much as I wanted to have a more discrete 45mp billboard and bird cropping beast, I lusted much more for a pocketable, pancake, AF camera that I can just carry around everywhere and not attract much attention, but still have great aesthetic appeal to be a conversation starter. Df is almost perfect minus our lack of ANY truly pancake lenses with AF.