MY NIKON 1 V3 Shots!

Phillydog1958

How do you like the new 10-30 that came with the V3? is it better than the old one (not that it was bad). I'm not a fan of these buttons on the lens to unlock and turn on the camera.

I agree Rick. The button thingy is not my favorite feature of the Nikon 1 lenses. The new kit is cool. You also don't have to worry about losing the lens cap. I think the performance of both lenses is about the same. Truth be told, I've been using my other lenses more than I have used the new kit. I will get some shots in this weekend and post. I have read that videographers love the new kit. It's features appeal to them and that type of lens also appeals to point and shoot users.

Phillydog1958

OK buddy, I got to ask! How much credit does the camera and lenses truly deserve, since I know you can take some awesome photos?
Should I start planning for the year 2020 in saving up for one? Lol :p

Bill, you will probably seek out a great deal and end up with your V3 sooner than later. You're the Deal Maker. :D

Rick M

I agree Rick. The button thingy is not my most popular feature of the Nikon 1 lenses. The new kit is cool. You also don't have to worry about losing the lens cap. I think the performance of both lenses is about the same. Truth be told, I've been using my other lenses more than I have used the new kit. I will get some shots in this weekend and post. I have read that videographers love the new kit. It's features appeal to them and that type of lens also appeals to point and shoot users.

Yea, I like the idea of no lens cap, but we lose the filter thread (I have a 40.5 CP). The lack of the button would certainly speed things up for P&S use. I wonder how much I would use the 10-30 anyway if I got the 6.7-13 combined with the 18.5 I already have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill16

I've been lucky to get some of what I want, but I'm never sure of how great a deal I get unless someone tells me. Lol I just look for a price I can manage, that is all. Lol But thank you for the compliment and the info my friend! :D

Bill, you will probably seek out a great deal and end up with your V3 sooner than later. You're the Deal Maker. :D

Phillydog1958

DSC_0602.jpg

Phillydog1958

Yea, I like the idea of no lens cap, but we lose the filter thread (I have a 40.5 CP). The lack of the button would certainly speed things up for P&S use. I wonder how much I would use the 10-30 anyway if I got the 6.7-13 combined with the 18.5 I already have.

I rarely used mine with my V2. Agreed!

Phillydog1958

My adult son has always liked my V2, so I gave it to him, along with the 10-30mm. I might have to BORROW it and compare it to the new power version . . . Maybe place both on the V3 and compare . . .

Last edited:

Phillydog1958

Shot with Nikon FT-1 w/ Nikon 70-200 F4, uncropped

Attachments

• DSC_0694.jpg
    DSC_0694.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0695.jpg
    DSC_0695.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: