My Favourite D800 Images

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
YOur butterflies are just stunning. Just perfect shots on them. Boy, you've got to love that D800.

Photowyzard

YOur butterflies are just stunning. Just perfect shots on them. Boy, you've got to love that D800.

You have NO IDEA, how much I love this camera. It is spectacular technology. I have said from day one, the D800 is one of those breakthrough products that changes an industry and a market.

I do not regret, for one minute, purchasing this wonderful camera! :)

Thank you for the compliment on the Butterflies, greatly appreciate it.

Dave_W

The Dude
You have NO IDEA, how much I love this camera. It is spectacular technology. I have said from day one, the D800 is one of those breakthrough products that changes an industry and a market.

I do not regret, for one minute, purchasing this wonderful camera! :)

+1 (or in urban vernacular, "true that, yo")

Photowyzard

A couple more for your viewing pleasure. Taken with my Nikon D800 and Nikon 300mm f4 lens.

This is an Ibis, my first encounter with this bird as well as my first encounter with the Snowy Egret, below!

Ibis.jpg

Snowy Egret

Snowy-Egret.jpg

Thanks

Photowyzard

Thank you both, Muzza and Marcel. I met up with a great nature photographer from another forum I frequent. I was in Florida, just returned. If anyone ever has the opportunity to visit Gatorland, in Orange County, I strongly recommend it, you will not be disappointed. Here are a couple more...

Snowy Egret on a fence. I love the yellow running shoes on this bird!!!

Snowy-Egret-on-Fence.jpg

Check this out, a Tri-Coloured Heron! Gorgeous Bird!

_-Egret.jpg

All taken with my:

Nikon D800
Nikon 300mm f4

All these images are hand held.

Sorry, not sure how this image below got attached again! :(

Attachments

• Early-Morning-Egret.jpg
    Early-Morning-Egret.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Photowyzard

A few more of the Egret. These were both taken while the bird was nesting. Notice the plumage.

The egret is one of my favourite birds. I have many, but this one ranks up at the top.

Egret-backlit.jpg

Egret-Nest-making.jpg

Photowyzard

Something a little different. This is taken with my 400mm f3.5, hand held.

Wild Grass with a little snow.

Wild-Grass-+-Snow.jpg

Thes were taken with my NIkon 14-35mm f4 VR. Came across this lovely animal on a walk today. Beautiful dog.

Fido.jpg

This is an interesting looking bridge over Mimico Creek.

Bridge.jpg

Trying to make a Life Preserver look interesting.

Life-Preserver.jpg

And finally, an image of one of my favourite duck, the Northern Pintail Duck. Taken with my NIkon 400mm f3.5, hand held.

Pintail.jpg

Photowyzard

Captured this beauty on the weekend. The female Cardinal is every bit as attractive in her own way.

F-Cardinal.jpg

This was taken with my:

Nikon D800
Manual
Tripod
Nikon Nikkor 400mm f3.5
Nikon 2x TC
ISO 500
1/400s
f8

It is cropped at 8%, full frame image. This is basically what I saw in the viewfinder at 800mm! Sweet lens!

kiwi86

Great pictures-fantastic pictures. I envy you :) Can you tell me where you get Nikon 400mm f3.5 Ai-S? Looks like this is a great lens. It takes some interface to mount on Nikon D800? And of course any experience with telekonverters?

Photowyzard

Hi Kiwi,

I have done a review of the lens on PlanetNikon. It is a lengthy review, you may enjoy it:

Nikon 400mm f3.5 ED-IF AI-S Lens - PlanetNikon Forum

If you want to see the images I posted (many are duplicated here) you have to join, it is FREE. The ADMIN is busy and you have to request membership a couple of times to get his attention. If you can't email me and I will!!

I bought mine on ebay from a Japanese store. You can always find one on ebay in good condition. Do not buy a scratched or damaged one, nice ones always come up, be patient. $1600US shipped is what you should pay or less if you are lucky. Do not pay more.

Nikkor * ED 400mm f/3.5 AI-S Lens Nikon AIS 400 f3.5 | eBay

Experience with a TELECONVERTER you ask? Yes, the image above is take with a 2x Nikon manual teleconverter. Nothing special. Paid $70 for it used. This is an Ai-S lens. Works PERFECTLY on my D800, no special attachments or fiddling.

The D800 has a range finder in it, bottom left corner of the viewfinder, it looks like this:

> • <

When the green dot in the middle lights up, you are focused. Good luck getting a bird in flight, this is MANUAL FOCUS!!!! However, you can see the type of images I am getting, FANTASTIC GLASS at a great price. Please, read my review, it will give you a very objective understanding of what you will get and what to expect.

Here are a couple more pictures for you!!! All taken with a TC Enjoy .....

Morning-Dove.jpg

Chickadee.jpg

M-Cardinal.jpg

WoodPecker.jpg

D800 and the power of Nikon Glass.... what a combo!