This morning's catch.

D73_2911.jpg

D73_2927.jpg

D73_2929.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I had visitors in our oak tree this morning. And the light was just perfect for a few shots.

D73_2996.jpg

D73_3010.jpg

D73_3027.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The 200-500 is surprisingly interesting to capture insects in flight. Now not all shots are keepers, but with a bit os perseverance I can get fun stuff.

D73_3059.jpg

D73_3063.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Neat image, Marcel! :cheerful: Of course I'm sitting here sipping a glass of wine - so I'm not sure if it's your image that makes it look like it's moving or if I've had a wee bit too much. J/K ;) Cool effect! :cool:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Focusing problem

I just wanted to post these two shots. They are not final because I will need to install Topaz later this week when I get time but these done in full shade will benefit from the de-noise hopefully.

D73_3339.jpg

D73_3340.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I did a bit of post processing on my first hawk shot. Removed a few branches that were just distracting and worked a bit on contrast and saturation.

D73_3339-Modifier copy.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This young male malard has started shredding it's duvet.
D73_3796.jpg

The green heron
D73_3826.jpg

A nymph resting on a duck feather
D73_3822.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I wasn't going to do it, but when I came back home from a meeting last night, a friend had called asking me if I wanted to join him to find a good spot to photograph the NEOWISE comet.

So we kind of found a good spot, but unfortunately I only had brought my 70-200 on the D810 and it was a bit long.

But it's done now.

2MC_3207.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I took the nikons out yesterday. Nothing spectacular, but I just didn't want them to feel abandoned home alone. :)

D73_3906.jpg

2MC_3256.jpg

2MC_3255.jpg