Marcel's irregular contribution to Nikonites

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Quiet afternoon at the local Howard Park.

2MC_4590-2.jpg

2MC_4585.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am loving these geese images, Marcel! :) Question for you...you listed them as Canadian geese. In our state, the grey ones are Canadian geese, and the white ones are snow geese. Do they differentiate between the two there in Canada? Just curious.

In Pennsylvania, snow geese tend to go to a specific area (more towards the center of our state called Middle Creek, PA). So far I haven't seen any in person.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well Cindy I guess that I got my species mixed up. It got lost in translation. These were white geese but, they are canadian or were captured in Canada. :)

Thanks for correcting me.

Marcel
I am loving these geese images, Marcel! :) Question for you...you listed them as Canadian geese. In our state, the grey ones are Canadian geese, and the white ones are snow geese. Do they differentiate between the two there in Canada? Just curious.

In Pennsylvania, snow geese tend to go to a specific area (more towards the center of our state called Middle Creek, PA). So far I haven't seen any in person.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well Cindy I guess that I got my species mixed up. It got lost in translation. These were white geese but, they are canadian or were captured in Canada. :)

Thanks for correcting me.

Marcel

They definitely look like snow geese to me, Marcel! But maybe they just don't call them by that name in Canada - not that it matters. I just find the white ones to be so beautiful and love seeing images of them. :)

The one on the left in the link below looks just like the goose in your post! Wow, you are so fortunate to have them in your area.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Snow_Goose/id

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes Cindy, they are snow geese. But in French we call them Oies des neiges which is exactly "snow geese". So I guess I'm just and old geezer and had forgotten about this. :)

They definitely look like snow geese to me, Marcel! But maybe they just don't call them by that name in Canada - not that it matters. I just find the white ones to be so beautiful and love seeing images of them. :)

The one on the left in the link below looks just like the goose in your post! Wow, you are so fortunate to have them in your area.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Snow_Goose/id

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes Cindy, they are snow geese. But in French we call them Oies des neiges which is exactly "snow geese". So I guess I'm just and old geezer and had forgotten about this. :)

Coincidentally I was thinking about your snow geese this afternoon as I passed a flock of Canadian geese. How I wish they would have been snow geese!

Whiskeyman

Quiet afternoon at the local Howard Park.

View attachment 346593

Marcel,

I earlier commented on this photo, but I have to do so again.

I have to tell you that this shot is so calming and peaceful. I've been under a lot of stress lately, with both my parents in terrible health, and some other things, as well. Just looking at your photo just seems to relieve any worries that I've got at the moment and overall just makes me feel much better about things. Thank you for posting it.

Wayne

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you for your comment Wayne. I'm glad you make a good use of it. Maybe I should look at it more often too. The balance of colours is indeed calming.

I hope your parents will get well or just won't suffer too long.

My mum is 91 years old and I kind of understand what you are going through and I sympathise with you.

Marcel,

I earlier commented on this photo, but I have to do so again.

I have to tell you that this shot is so calming and peaceful. I've been under a lot of stress lately, with both my parents in terrible health, and some other things, as well. Just looking at your photo just seems to relieve any worries that I've got at the moment and overall just makes me feel much better about things. Thank you for posting it.

Wayne