Marcel's irregular contribution to Nikonites

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It was cold today but I got out and tried to capture a good shot of a Canadian goose that is nesting not far from home. I saw it yesterday when we went for a walk but I only had my wide angle on the Fuji. So I got there this morning. Unfortunately, there were a lot of branches in the way and i only got a few usable shots where I can see her eyes coming out of the shrubs on the small island where she was. But just in the park a little further, I saw 2 more and was able to get a lot closer. I think I have 3 good shots, not exceptional, but OK.

2MC_2681.jpg

2MC_2730.jpg

Suspicious
2MC_2723.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I do love this effect. Can you tell me more about this #3 close up filter please

It's just a standard close-up filter. They usually come in a box of 3, #1, 2, 3, 3 being the strongest one. It's basically a magnifying glass that screws on your lens.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Birds from yesterday and this morning. All of them heavily cropped parts of the original frames.

D72_9865.jpg

D72_9872.jpg

D72_9913.jpg

D72_9921.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Today's birds this time without the 1.4 TC. But the light was much better so I was able to use lower iso.

D73_0649.jpg

D73_0674.jpg

D73_0691.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I should post this one in the "Almost got it" section, but I still like the image although it's not sharp at all. The bird came into my view while I was hiding in branches and I just wasn't quick enough to reduce my focal length and focus and frame. I think the branches in between me and the goose were just too annoying for the auto-focus to do it's job. So when I was about focused, the action was gone...

D73_1543.jpg

But then I was able to catch this reflexion shot that I like very much.

D73_1545-2.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
After my 2 weeks daily watch to see the hatching, the fledglings finally came to life. A truly spectacular sight to see them come out of their mother's wing.

D73_1879.jpg

D73_1921-Modifier.jpg

D73_1947.jpg

D73_1955.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, thank you for posting your geese photos. :) Lately geese have been about the only wildlife I've been able to see (at least birds of the larger size). And since I am not a fan of geese, I've been passing up opportunities to photograph them. But today there were a few geese (one couple with goslings) so I sat on a bench and photographed them. Had it not been for your inspiration, I wouldn't have bothered.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Cindy, this is actually the goal of our Nikonites community, encourage each others to get out there and practice photography.

The more we practice, the better we get, there is just no way around it.

Marcel, thank you for posting your geese photos. :) Lately geese have been about the only wildlife I've been able to see (at least birds of the larger size). And since I am not a fan of geese, I've been passing up opportunities to photograph them. But today there were a few geese (one couple with goslings) so I sat on a bench and photographed them. Had it not been for your inspiration, I wouldn't have bothered.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This tiny bird (don't know the english name) is building in one of our bird houses. Many times the branches he's or she's trying to bring in just won't fit through,

D73_2768.jpg

D73_2785.jpg