John*Thomas 2014 365 thread

john*thomas

O.K. I've complained about the weather for a long time but I finally got out. I don't know the rules but I suppose this is my thread so I'll do as I wish, LOL. (seriously, if I did something here I shouldn't let me know). I shoveled the car out and debated whether or not to go out and shoot because it's still in the 20's. I wrapped the camera up and went. So, I am going to post a bunch of pics with comments. Answer my questions if you would like and any comments would be appreciated. I only had my 18-55 lens. First pic.......I initially saw these ducks going for a ride down the river on a chunk of ice. I figured I would crop it but once I saw it with the bridge reflection I've hesitated. I'm not sure. (these are here to learn from right?)

015 (974x1024).jpg

Next is this duck in flight.....Again, I wasn't sure. I really liked the shore in this pic and wanted to leave it.

023 (1024x814).jpg

I did get a single duck head in this next pic and cropped it out.

024.jpg

Now these next two.....I suppose I kind of would like the power lines shopped out but I haven't got that far yet. A couple different takes.

025 (1024x656).jpg
026 (1024x730).jpg

And lastly simply for those who might have an interest in history. I wasn't trying for a good shot. LOL. This is the boyhood home of Alf Landon. For our international members, he ran against FDR for president in 1936.

014 (821x1024).jpg

Last edited:

john*thomas

Getting ready for work but I have to post something so here is a picture of my new glasses. Obviously without them on I didn't know what I was focusing on.

001 (1024x684).jpg