John*Thomas 2014 365 thread

john*thomas

Stinking cold out again. I didn't even leave the house but it says you have to post something everyday.

002 (685x1024).jpg

Day 18

john*thomas

How old is that Zodiac?

With a Zodiac you can only try and come close. There isn't any reference material available like with a Rolex. Zodiac started 7 figure serial numbers around 1960. This one has an early 6 figure number. 355XXX. It's the earliest automatic moonphase number I've ever seen. My guess is around 1954.

That's as best as I've been able to determine.

weebee

With a Zodiac you can only try and come close. There isn't any reference material available like with a Rolex. Zodiac started 7 figure serial numbers around 1960. This one has an early 6 figure number. 355XXX. It's the earliest automatic moonphase number I've ever seen. My guess is around 1954.

That's as best as I've been able to determine.

The design and dial gave me idea it was early 60's I had a Zodiac, but flipped it.

john*thomas

Yup, you a collector? You sound like it.

I have a few. I don't know how many are required to be a collector. LOL A couple Omega's a couple Hamilton's and the Zodiac. I would love an Omega moonphase but ..............

Anyway, day 21. A simple pic done with my "old" camera. Initial impressions is that I was surprised how much larger the D7100 is. I'll use it for awhile and decide whether to keep or sell the D5100.

(Yes, I know keep them both but unless there are aspects of the D5100 that I like better I don't have much need for a backup).

001 (1024x929).jpg

john*thomas

D5100 is boxed up. I went over to my favorite place to shoot real quick as it's 9 degree's out just to take a quick pic. Dreary day.

021 (1024x684).jpg

Day 22

john*thomas

The only pic I took today or will get around to taking. They tore a couple old buildings down in town and someone wanted a pic of it. It was too cold to get out of my car.

001 (1024x684).jpg

Day 23

john*thomas

I thought I would at least give a little effort today. Dreary overcast with no colors so I figured I would just take the easy way.

imageedit_3_4628815788.jpg

The Ohio would be froze over if not for the barge traffic. The other side of the island on the other side of the bridge is froze over but the boat ramp on that side has had nothing done to it and I wasn't interested in getting stuck down there to get a picture.

003 (684x1024).jpg