John*Thomas 2014 365 thread

john*thomas

Ok how did you do the ice balls??? Looks to me like they're melting so can't be that cold :cool:

Somewhere near zero F when I took the pic. It was so cold that they cracked and not 100% frozen they leaked a bit.

Anyway......take a balloon, put in food coloring, fill with water and sit it outside to freeze. I should have left them alone a little bit longer.

john*thomas

A double picture as it tells a story. I'm sitting here wondering what they heck I could post. I have to leave for work shortly and knew I wasn't going to give it a lot of thought. The next street over I saw what I thought was a bird. I took a pic and it was actually three birds. I came in sat down and watched them fly off when this other guy flew into the tree next to them.

As much as actually taking pictures the hobby is great because it causes you to slow down and watch things you might not otherwise. I enjoyed watching the geese around here this fall and trying to figure out what they did and why. One group would float away from the others.......then there would be a bunch of honking and off that group would fly. I dunno, I found it interesting.

imageedit_1_7360339675.jpgimageedit_3_7532896466.jpg

john*thomas

This probably doesn't mean much to anyone else but the joke around here is that the only thing the local downtown area ever does to improve the area is to create parking lots. When I saw this I had to take a picture.

013 (814x1024)_edited-1.jpg

Day 13