Dawg Pics is learning new things in 2017.

Dawg Pics

Alot of photoshop magic in those. I recognize some of the plug-ins being used. However, that's not a derogatory comment towards the photographer. I am envious of the terrain around her.
Yes, definitely a lot of processing, but good images to begin with. Yeah, I envy all those folks with landscaping.

Dawg Pics

Trouble shooting sharpness tonight. Battling a very shaky camera mount, poor vision, complicated live view and the rotation of the Earth. The D300 was a bit easier to use. Just need some practice.

I had to sharpen this up a good bit.

"I see the moon and the moon sees me."
moon_5000512.jpg

Faster shutter speed.
moon_5000521.jpg

Last edited:

Blacktop

Trouble shooting sharpness tonight. Battling a very shaky camera mount, poor vision, complicated live view and the rotation of the Earth. The D300 was a bit easier to use. Just need some practice.

I had to sharpen this up a good bit.

"I see the moon and the moon sees me."
View attachment 259719

Faster shutter speed.
View attachment 259720

Nice shot.
When I used to drink in my younger days, I would often blame the rotation of the Earth for falling over!:encouragement:

Dawg Pics

Nice shot.
When I used to drink in my younger days, I would often blame the rotation of the Earth for falling over!:encouragement:

Thanks, everybody makes moon shots look so easy. I still struggle a bit with it. I may have to teather to a monitor to see what I am doing.

Haaa, I should start sharing blame with the Earth to cover up my clutziness. I aammmmm 'the bull in the China shop' totally unaware of my flailing extremities, the stuff I trip over or run into.

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

Put the 50mm on the D500 and used the SB800 flash. Time to start seeing what I can do with this camera. It looked pretty good in the monitor, but dark on the computer. Easy enough to fix it.

50mmTallulah_5001109.jpg

Bikerbrent

Put the 50mm on the D500 and used the SB800 flash. Time to start seeing what I can do with this camera. It looked pretty good in the monitor, but dark on the computer. Easy enough to fix it.

Your EXIF data show your Exposure Comp. was -1.00 EV. This could be the issue. Perhaps you will need to un-learn some habits from the D300.

Dawg Pics

Your EXIF data show your Exposure Comp. was -1.00 EV. This could be the issue. Perhaps you will need to un-learn some habits from the D300.

I think you are correct. It seems like I am under more with this camera, and I probably just forgot to change the comp.

Dawg Pics

I got lucky when I decided to see if any cicadas were emerging. I did see it pop out, but I wasn't quite set-up correctly for images. (I posted a bad "almost".) I had all kinds of problems, but I recovered enough to get a few good images anyway.

Cicada Emerged_5001152.jpg