Dawg Pics is learning new things in 2017.

Dawg Pics

Tufted Titmouse

ttitmouse_4693.jpg

Dawg Pics

I kinda liked the lines in this image so I played around with some things in PS. I found HDR toning and used "equalize levels", and I corrected some edge distortion using the 'warp' tool.
It won't win any prizes, but it was a good image to learn some new tools in PS.

dollar tree hdr_5431.jpg

Dawg Pics

One day, I will have a long enough lens to get a good BIF image that won't need to be jacked with so much. The image was cropped way down and noisy, but I like the way this turned out.

I noticed something was in its mouth, which is the only reason I shot the image. I was trying to see what it had.

gull-fish5237.jpg

Dawg Pics

I started from scratch after getting advice on this image in the feedback section.
I was mostly worried about the skin tone being too red, orange or gray after the editing was completed. I also did a little cloning.

SafetyGuard-4x6.jpg

Dawg Pics

Getting reacquainted with the night sky, and playing with the camera settings.

I noticed the seeing was better tonight, there are a few misty clouds but not too bad.
Orion Nebula_6055.jpg

Dawg Pics

Finally got the rest of the dog series in frames. These will go in my husband's office. They aren't perfect by any means (I did one too many tweaks in PS), but this is a big step for me. I am learning too because now I see what my B&W post processing looks like in print, so I now know a little more for the future. Leave well enough alone. Lesson learned.

Quick cell image.

dogseriesframed_3961 3.jpg

Dawg Pics

And lets go ahead and make an HDR with 3 images or more this time. :roll eyes:
Still, not so great. Oh well, time to move on. I kinda think I know what to do better. I will find out.

hdrclouds2_7787_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

Post your 3 originals there should be one over exposed one under and one properly oh and did you use a tripod?

Yes, tripod. Clouds were moving kinda fast, so that may be why they didn't line up great the first time I tried. Hmmmm, I don't think I did a single good exposure. Let me take a look and see what I have. I caught myself changing the aperture at one point.

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

[MENTION=10762]Kevin H[/MENTION]

Here you go. Do you think these are just too hazy and lacking in detail for HDR?
My sensor needs a good cleaning.

hdr1_7788.jpg
hdr2_7789.jpg
hdr3_7790.jpg

Last edited: