Dawg Pics is learning new things in 2017.

Dawg Pics

Well, it is about time to shut down this thread. I wasn't as active as I planned due to family obligations.

My mother had a debilitating stroke 3 years ago and is residing in a nursing home. My father had poor health for the last few years, and he passed away in August after a rapid decline. I am not one to overshare online, but I am sure a few people are wondering why I bought a D500, and then sort of fell off the forum. I only recently had the desire to pick up my camera again.

My Father was a photographer, and we spent a lot of time talking about it and sharing images. He even tried a 365 with me from his wheel chair.

The last selfie image Dad sent to me was titled, "Final Selfie", which is fitting for a photographer with 60 plus years of experience. He had been playing with Photoshop and sent me several different processed selfie images. It is ok to make a joke about it. I did at the time.

My parents were 19 years old on their wedding day in this image. Dad hitch-hiked from Tennessee to Louisiana to get married. You would think with parents this good looking, I would be on the cover of Glamour. Um, nope.
Anyway, hoping for a better year coming up. I will at least try to close up this thread with a decent image from the D500.

IMG_1313.jpg

Danno

Well, it is about time to shut down this thread. I wasn't as active as I planned due to family obligations.

My mother had a debilitating stroke 3 years ago and is residing in a nursing home. My father had poor health for the last few years, and he passed away in August after a rapid decline. I am not one to overshare online, but I am sure a few people are wondering why I bought a D500, and then sort of fell off the forum. I only recently had the desire to pick up my camera again.

My Father was a photographer, and we spent a lot of time talking about it and sharing images. He even tried a 365 with me from his wheel chair.

The last selfie image Dad sent to me was titled, "Final Selfie", which is fitting for a photographer with 60 plus years of experience. He had been playing with Photoshop and sent me several different processed selfie images. It is ok to make a joke about it. I did at the time.

My parents were 19 years old on their wedding day in this image. Dad hitch-hiked from Tennessee to Louisiana to get married. You would think with parents this good looking, I would be on the cover of Glamour. Um, nope.
Anyway, hoping for a better year coming up. I will at least try to close up this thread with a decent image from the D500.

View attachment 275899

Sounds like some good memories. I remember when you could hitchhike and people would pick you up and it was not a big deal. It is great to have a common interest like that with your Dad. I lost mine about 5 years ago now and I still want to call him when I see a nice bike or old flathead Ford that I know he would like... or a landscape in the hills.

Look forward to seeing some nice shots this year. God bless.

Danno

@Danno
Thank you.
That urge to call my Dad when I see something of interest is still strong. I have 2 brothers to call, but it isn't the same.

I understand. I can talk to my mother still but it is different. My sister does not get it either and this time of year is tough but in time it gets manageable. I just remember the discussion we used to have and what he enjoyed and they are good memories.

You have a blessed New Year.