Dave's Northern 365 Thread

Dave_W

The Dude
Here's the same lake only from a slightly different angle. I wish I had picked up more of the mountains on the left.

_DWE1511_HDR-panVD.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
Great shot... Maybe I need more than a few weeks lol

I'm thinking you'll need a lot more than just a couple of weeks to explore all the places around here. There's a trail at the furthest part of the lake that takes you directly into Yellowstone (a 22 mile hike) to the town of Cooke City. It's said to be an absolutely beautiful hike that passes lakes filled with fish that can only be accessed by foot.
Btw, if you're a GPS fan, this lake is 45 degrees, 11' 51.02" N and 109 degrees, 38' 35.66" W.

Dave_W

The Dude
i could easily do a summer in the grand tetons, glacier and yellowstone. nice shot, are you facing the correct way for a sunrise or sunset?

This shot if facing almost due south, so unfortunately, not well set up for those kind of shots. However, I think come high summer you'll get some nice orange flashing/reflections on the mountain sides (*I'm hoping).

Dave_W

The Dude
No sharpening by me just the standard sharpening when leaving LR and being resized. It might be coming from the HDR algorithms?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Scott Murray

No sharpening by me just the standard sharpening when leaving LR and being resized. It might be coming from the HDR algorithms?

Yeah I do not know what it is but the reflections on the right are nice and smooth and the ones on the left are staggered?! Did you use a CIP? And do you think longer SS may smooth it out? Or maybe I am being too picky.

BackdoorArts

Most impressive dave.

Yes. I particularly love the way he arranged the clouds. LOL

Just color me a little green with envy. I need to drag my butt out of this office and find a view or two - a full month of staring at the same line of trees out the window has me punchy (not to mention the dank, rainy morning).

Dave_W

The Dude
Yes. I particularly love the way he arranged the clouds. LOL

Just color me a little green with envy. I need to drag my butt out of this office and find a view or two - a full month of staring at the same line of trees out the window has me punchy (not to mention the dank, rainy morning).

Better yet, plan a trip to Yellowstone in July when Aussie-Scott gets here. What's ya doing the month of July?

BackdoorArts

Better yet, plan a trip to Yellowstone in July when Aussie-Scott gets here. What's ya doing the month of July?

When you have relatives in FL, that's the month they travel to get away from the heat, otherwise I'd love to.

Blacktop

Great shots Dave. How far do you live from Glacier National Park.
Out of all the national parks I have not visited that one yet.

Dave_W

The Dude
Great shots Dave. How far do you live from Glacier National Park.
Out of all the national parks I have not visited that one yet.
I'm a pretty fair clip from Glacier. I'm temporarily living in Billings but will soon be setting up shop in a little town near the Wyoming border called "Red Lodge". One of the distinctions of Red Lodge is that the town sheriff was once held by a man known as "Liver-eating" Johnson, whom the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" was based on.