Dave's Northern 365 Thread

Scott Murray

Jackson Hole is an awesome place just to visit. I'm sure you can see by the map that JH is on the southern end just below the Grand Tetons, which is almost as amazing as Yellowstone. In fact, you could easily spend as much time exploring the Grand Tetons as you could Yellowstone. That said, there are cheaper places to fly into like Cody, WY., but it wouldn't have near the beauty of Jackson Hole.
Well you would be my guide so where would be best lol

Dave_W

The Dude
The best place to see the area would be Jackson Hole, the best place to see Yellowstone would be Cody, WY. I'm a little more than an hour away from Cody so from my point of view, that would be by far the easiest. But that's not to say the Grand Tetons are out of range, they're not and it would be criminal to see Yellowstone without seeing the Tetons.

Dave_W

The Dude
I can never decide white version I like best.

Montana Homestead

_DWE1030_HDR_1-PAN2V.jpg

_DWE1030_HDR_1-PAN2VSil.jpg

Moab Man

To put it politely, the writer is an idiot. The saying, knows just enough to be dangerous comes to mind. The buffalo, also called bison, are always travelling the roads. They have learned it is a much easier way to travel. As for the other large animals that seem to have fled, since the wolf was reintroduced to the park the herds have thinned and moved to higher and more remote grounds that offer them a better advantage against the wolves in the open fields down in the park. The wolves have also started to figure out how to hunt the much larger bison since the other herd animals have moved on.

Figured I would share this with you. When the article first came out I wanted to strangle the writer. For the record, this is not an admission of planning a homicide. :)

nikonpup

i could easily do a summer in the grand tetons, glacier and yellowstone. nice shot, are you facing the correct way for a sunrise or sunset?