Dave's Northern 365 Thread

Dave_W

The Dude
Montana clouds

_DSC0188_HDR-pan-psVD.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
Sandhill Cranes on their way to the Great White North!!

_DW13704VDShrp-2.jpg

_DW13730-VShr-2.jpg

_DW13765VDShrp.jpg

And I came across these guys while looking at homes in a little town called Red Lodge. I don't think the deer was any too happy to share its space with these turkeys. LOL!!

_DWE0087.jpg

Scott Murray

What's stopping you? I'd be more than happy to take you on safari there. The park opens in late May, right about the time the bison start calving. Could make for some great shots....
Hmmmm let me look at my roster, you got a week or two free?

I could possibly take 3 weeks holiday starting 7th May :) or even 21st May for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Hmmmm let me look at my roster, you got a week or two free?

I could possibly take 3 weeks holiday starting 7th May :) or even 21st May for a few weeks.

As a matter of fact, I' wide open in May (and June and probably July and most certainly Aug :cool: ) But the 21st is better than the 7th, the full park most likely will still be closed around the 7th. And don't believe everything you read about the buffalo in YS. If buffaloes were so smart as to predict earthquakes, I doubt very much they would have allowed themselves be slaughtered to near extinction. :)

Scott Murray

As a matter of fact, I' wide open in May (and June and probably July and most certainly Aug :cool: ) But the 21st is better than the 7th, the full park most likely will still be closed around the 7th. And don't believe everything you read about the buffalo in YS. If buffaloes were so smart as to predict earthquakes, I doubt very much they would have allowed themselves be slaughtered to near extinction. :)

Ok now lets talk flights and accommodation where would be the best to fly into and stay?

Flights to Jackson hole is only $2000 return hmmm

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Jackson Hole is an awesome place just to visit. I'm sure you can see by the map that JH is on the southern end just below the Grand Tetons, which is almost as amazing as Yellowstone. In fact, you could easily spend as much time exploring the Grand Tetons as you could Yellowstone. That said, there are cheaper places to fly into like Cody, WY., but it wouldn't have near the beauty of Jackson Hole.