D7100 - D750 conundrum?

Horoscope Fish

Sorry let me get this clear in my mind,are you saying quit with the angry photographer :D
Sorry... I ramble sometimes.

This thread contains a certain amount of weapons-grade stupid and it's encroaching on the Angry Dic... uh... Angry Photographer's, territory.

singlerosa_RIP

Angry (opinionated)photographer is angry because like most angry people he is jealous of people who have more money, looks, knowledge, career, happiness, hot wife, self actualization, etc.. Opinionated people with no real world experience behind their opinions make me laugh.

Peace, my brothers.

Jim

canuck257

Guys, I'm beginning to regret starting this post. Please, let's respect the opinions (that"s ALL they are) of others and stay calm. I'm sure that every post here was published with the best of intentions towards helping me reach a decision. That decision has been made and tomorrow I will order a new D7200. Right or wrong, good or bad it's what I want so I will be happy with it.

Thank you all for your input.

jay_dean

Guys, I'm beginning to regret starting this post. Please, let's respect the opinions (that"s ALL they are) of others and stay calm. I'm sure that every post here was published with the best of intentions towards helping me reach a decision. That decision has been made and tomorrow I will order a new D7200. Right or wrong, good or bad it's what I want so I will be happy with it.

Nice one lad, happy shooting!

Blacktop

Good choice, and after all you're the one spending the money. All I could do was to give an opinion based on my experience. Good luck with it. If you're ever wanting to sell the D7100, let me know. I'm looking for a 1.5TC with no AA filter.:unconscious:

salukfan111

Quit with the Angry Photographer parroting. Don't get me wrong, I think the D7100 is a fantastic camera, great value for money and that is why I bought one after the D7200 came out. That doesn't change the fact that the D7200 is better in many ways, so if it's within budget and you want the benefit of a bigger buffer and better low light focusing then it is the better choice.
I'm done with this discussion anyway as it clearly isn't going anywhere.
Congratulations Mike on the new D7200 and good luck with your next purchase canuck257!
The angry photographer is the biggest D7100 fan on the planet. His point is for a few hundred bucks you can get something with 95% of the features of a really expensive one. He actually likes the 7000 too as it can be obtained cheap and love the 750 as well. He's not parrot the angry photographer.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If you're ever wanting to sell the D7100, let me know. I'm looking for a 1.5TC with no AA filter.:unconscious:

Wait...WHAT?!! Didn't you own a D7100? I haven't been around much over the past several months. What happened to it? The cost of a new D7100 has dropped to a decent price considering it is an excellent camera ($799.95), and a refurbished is also more affordable at $674.96 than what they used to be. Refurbished D7100 Nikon Digital Camera| Digital SLR Camera from Nikon

Dragonfly

Banned
I dont think any of this is arrived at by you knowledge,you keep quoting the same old tripe and linking to things that back you up,the D7100 is a great camera but its been superseded,the d7200 will beat hands down on AF in poor light,i dont need to link to anything as i own one and took it out in the fog this morning,this is called practical knowledge.
Give it a rest the D7100 can manage with out your continual repeat posts.

The 7200 is just a dressed up 7100, the differences are in the movie specs and other stuff that I will never use. Look at them side by side at Nikon and tell me what makes the 7200 a far better camera? Nothing, they changed a number, again unless you are going to WIFI from the field which makes about as much sense as putting a dress o a pumpkin-------> 7100 from this 3 hours ago https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279335@N04/22857432646/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Blacktop

Wait...WHAT?!! Didn't you own a D7100? I haven't been around much over the past several months. What happened to it? The cost of a new D7100 has dropped to a decent price considering it is an excellent camera ($799.95), and a refurbished is also more affordable at $674.96 than what they used to be. Refurbished D7100 Nikon Digital Camera| Digital SLR Camera from Nikon
Yes, I owned the D7100 (Emmylou ), then I bought Dolly (D750) then I sold Emmylou for a couple of WA lenses. Now I miss my Emmylou because Dolly can't get long enough. She is wide but not long like Emmylou.
So now, I called up @Bill16's used camera and ice cream shop and he just happened to have my Emmylou for sale.
Now I can go long, and I can go wide. See how simple all this is?:cheerful:

Bill16

Emmylou was for sale only for you! Lol I think she missed riding in a truck! Lol :p

Yes, I owned the D7100 (Emmylou ), then I bought Dolly (D750) then I sold Emmylou for a couple of WA lenses. Now I miss my Emmylou because Dolly can't get long enough. She is wide but not long like Emmylou.
So now, I called up @Bill16's used camera and ice cream shop and he just happened to have my Emmylou for sale.
Now I can go long, and I can go wide. See how simple all this is?:cheerful:

mauckcg

The 7200 is just a dressed up 7100, the differences are in the movie specs and other stuff that I will never use. Look at them side by side at Nikon and tell me what makes the 7200 a far better camera? Nothing, they changed a number, again unless you are going to WIFI from the field which makes about as much sense as putting a dress o a pumpkin-------> 7100 from this 3 hours ago https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279335@N04/22857432646/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Native ISO of 25,600 vs 6400 would be a big difference between the two. I don't like going past 6400 into the hi settings in my d7100, THe quality drop is way too great to use at that point. The 7200 could be a bit more useful at really high ISO than the 7100. But that's not the point.

Eventually, maybe this christmas, I plan on picking up a D750 to complement my D7100.

mikew_RIP

Native ISO of 25,600 vs 6400 would be a big difference between the two. I don't like going past 6400 into the hi settings in my d7100, THe quality drop is way too great to use at that point. The 7200 could be a bit more useful at really high ISO than the 7100. But that's not the point.

Eventually, maybe this christmas, I plan on picking up a D750 to complement my D7100.

You should find the D750 goes well with your D7100,the high iso ability is great,if 95% of my images would not have benefited from the crop factor i would have stayed with it,having owned and used the D7000,d7100,and now the D7200,i have a fair understanding of the horses for courses as they say,if the D7100 has no shortcomings for your work then you have made the right decision to add the D750.

mauckcg

You should find the D750 goes well with your D7100,the high iso ability is great,if 95% of my images would not have benefited from the crop factor i would have stayed with it,having owned and used the D7000,d7100,and now the D7200,i have a fair understanding of the horses for courses as they say,if the D7100 has no shortcomings for your work then you have made the right decision to add the D750.
The only real short coming of the 7100, grain comes in really early compared to my old 5200. Lightroom handles that nicely so that isn't a big deal.

Getting a D750 gives me an excuse to pick up some Sigma art primes.

mauckcg

Watch closely, I can only do this once:

"No it's not... That's a zoom; these are primes. Tooooootally different moral code."

/ta daaahhh!
//you're welcome.
But there's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many telephoto's to buy!
Heh.

It fills a not often needed need for the moment. Now to get my hands on something that can get me to 500mm...