CWGRIZZ Playing Around--Trying to learn

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
A few from the past few days.

A juvenile roadrunner that has been running around the place.
rrunner1-cr.jpg

rrunner2-cr.jpg

rrunner3-cr.jpg

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks @Needa for your suggestion, but I already entered another photo in the weekly challenge. I will admit that the rake photo was one I was also leaning towards. I too felt it was high in my efforts toward the "Minimalist" theme. Ha!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Well it's time to post another picture or two. Last weekend my daughter and g'kids came to visit for a few days. We took a trip to a not so well known National park, Chiricahua National Park. It has some nice trails and some amazing rock formations. This is one of the rocks that was probably named by the CCC crew that worked on many improvements of the area. It is called "China Boy." I have been there quite a few times, but never really saw why it was called "China Boy" until I processed this photo. See if you can tell why.

china-boy-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Not being one who has a green thumb, I am always happy to find something that God has provided, even if it is flowers on some weeds.

flwr-weed-b-cr.jpg

flwr-weed-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
A Mojave Rattlesnake that I encountered on a morning walk. Actually my dog found this one first. (One of three we came upon in about 10 minutes). Mojaves are similar to Western Diamondbacks, but are typically shorter and much more aggressive. They seem to get up on the wrong side of the bed all of the time. Ha! Their venom is also considered to be more toxic than the Diamondback. (See other pictures of him in the September Challenge).

mojave-rs5-cr.jpg

BobB

Amazing shot of the rattle snake. You seem to have caught the rattle moving. I see two images of the tail. Very Cool.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Amazing shot of the rattle snake. You seem to have caught the rattle moving. I see two images of the tail. Very Cool.

Thanks BobB! The snake was rattling for sure, but I don't think you are seeing it (maybe a slight blur). I think you are just seeing the back half of the rattle segments. See the closeup. At 1/1250 shutter speed, I think it stopped most of the action. Ha!

rattle-closeup.jpg

BobB

Walt, I see it now, thanks for clearing (or at least zooming in) my perception of the rattle. Still a great picture. I can almost hear it in my mind, "don't tread on me".

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Cool shot of the snake.
As fast as that shutter speed is it would not have been fast enough to freeze me in my dash for safety

Lawrence, that's why I was shooting in the high shutter speed. I had to "STOP" the action so it wouldn't get me. Ha!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Some fun with the G'kids having fun in the creek that flows (sometimes) through Chiricahua National Park.

chiri-water-1-cr.jpg

chiri-water-2-cr.jpg

chiri-water-3-cr.jpg

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I guess it is time to post a few more shots.

buzzard10-7-15-cr.jpg
Turkey Buzzard

red-tail-hawk-flight10-3-15-cr.jpg
Some kind of Hawk/Osprey

red-tail-hawk10-3-15-cr.jpg
Osprey (I'm guessing)

western-kingbird10-1-15-cr.jpg
Western Kingbird

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Today while out and about on the place doing some errands, I saw something that out here is not seen often. Being out in the boondocks/desert like I am, you don't expect to see a blimp flying over. I had to look twice to be sure that is what it was. Grabbed the camera and shot a few shots.

peanut-blimp3-cr.jpg

peanut-blimp4-cr.jpg

peanut-blimp1-cr.jpg

peanut-blimp2-cr.jpg