70-200 mm f/2.8

canuck257

Are these the 2 ring version? I have the offer of two, one at $500 and one at $600.

$_27.JPG

$_35.JPG

canuck257

It's fine on the D750. I should have known better not to judge a lens the first day that I do test shots with it around the house. Shooting now for over a week and fine tuning it ,it is turning out to be a lens to my liking.
I even threw the 1.4TC on it for a few shots. If I had more money to spend, I would have bought the Tamron 70-200 mm 2.8 VC, but for 1/3rd the price it was a no brainier for me.

Which TC did you get to work? According to Nikon my 1.4 TC III is not compatible.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Did you notice any i/q loss with this TC or any a/f problems. I've just bought this lens ;) and, since my TC III wont work I have to get another.:( The Nikon TC II apparantly works but the Kenko is cheaper, hence the interest.:confused:

Although I can't answer your question on IQ loss, supposedly the Kenko works with more lenses than the Nikon so if you have more lenses that are compatible, that would be a good thing!

Blacktop

Did you notice any i/q loss with this TC or any a/f problems. I've just bought this lens ;) and, since my TC III wont work I have to get another.:( The Nikon TC II apparantly works but the Kenko is cheaper, hence the interest.:confused:

I noticed a small IQ loss, and a slower focus. (not dramatic, but noticeable) Not having tried any of the Nikon TCs I can not comment on how much of an improvement it would be.

kevy73

Went to an Asian festival in Knoxville today and I realized that I need a 2.8 lens that goes out to at least 200mm.

There were a lot of people walking around in their Asian native dress. There were dancers and performers. It was a very colorful event. The problem is that these type of events are usually very crowded, and you can't always get close enough to get a nice shot with a nice out of focus background.
I was using the 70-300mm which is a very nice lens, but at f/5.6 it's hard to get a nice out of focus background when you're not in close taking a shot.

Is anyone using the older 80-200mm f/2.8 lens? Not the push pull but the newer one. I'm just starting to look, so if there are any suggestions to a 70-200 or an 80-200mm f/2.8 would be welcomed.

I'm not spending money on a Nikon 70-200mm VR lens unless I'm all out of other options.

You should just go the 200 f2.0 and be done with it!

RocketCowboy

The only lenses the Kenko hasn't worked for me with has been Tamron. For some reason, my Tamron lenses won't autofocus when this TC is on, regardless of aperture. Tried with the Tamron 90mm/2.8 macro, 70-200/2.8, and I think I tried it with the Tamron 150-600. The Kenko worked on any of the Nikon lenses I mated it up with.