Search results

  1. G

    May Assignment: B&W Night Photography.

    Re: May Assignment: Night Photography. No comments about other's entries please. Not the best around. Just sharing taken by my PS camera. :D
  2. G

    A Request For The Judges On The Monthly Assignments

    on other forums, the moderators chooses the top 5-7 images, post them for voting by all members. i myself prefer that method. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

    Post your Studio Photography

    Round two. I think it is getting better. I've addressed the shadows around the nose. Placing the key light right next to the camera made a big difference and it addressed the issue. As always, your feedback and comments are always appreciated. :D
  4. G

    Post your Studio Photography

    Thanks. I was actually trying to create a business type portrait for my portfolio. I set-up my camera using my remote control and I would like to get some feedback on what you guys think between the images below. More like a "high tech" selfie. One light set-up and a reflector. SB900 with a...
  5. G

    Post your Studio Photography

    Breaking out my equipment to practice and play with the different modifiers.
  6. G

    Nikon 50mm f1.8G lens thread

    This lens proved to be the right FL for this type of event. I might start using this lens again. :D Commissioning ceremony from Enlisted to Chief Warrant Officer.
  7. G

    A Request For The Judges On The Monthly Assignments

    This just made my job a lot easier. :)
  8. G

    My D800E has been revived!

    After a very long wait (~ 8 months since I dropped my camera), I finally got a notification from Authorized Photo Service (APS) that they were able to complete the repair and calibrate my camera. My baby is finally on its way back home after a very long wait and $780 + for $60 for packaging...
  9. G

    A Request For The Judges On The Monthly Assignments

    Mike- I understand what you are trying to point out about the limited likes. However, with the star award system, how many members here are likely to utilize it if jdeg decides to invest and incorporate it? There are very few members that provides feedback on the photo evaluation thread for...
  10. G

    GQ's Photo Adventure

    I have not been able to shoot lately so I'll just post some of my archives from last month. :D It was raining during the game but still managed to get some decent ones.
  11. G

    A Request For The Judges On The Monthly Assignments

    That's pretty much how I select my top images. I am also looking for an image that makes me say "wow" either with their creativity and what is being conveyed. some images are good but I also look for something that stands out when compared to the other entries. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. G

    NIKON 300MM F4 IF-ED AF-S on a d5200

    The current and previous models does have the aperture ring which makes it look like a "D" lens. The first AF model is an AF followed by the current revised model which is the AF-S with smoother finish as indicated on the link that you've provided. I find it to be just the right FL when it...
  13. G

    Blown out reds?

    I use Adobe CS5. Using the RAW file, on the HSL/Grayscale tab, I slide and adjust the "RED" slider to the left (-50) in this case) to adjust the overblown / over saturated color. Original or default settings. Below is the adjusted red channel.
  14. G

    Nikon VS Nikon

    Two similar pocketable cameras with so many differences. I chose the Coolpix A because I already have it. The two big reasons are the sensor size which performs much better on low light high ISO conditions, similar to your D7000 and the ability to add your current Nikon flash. These were my...
  15. G

    Ultimate travel camera?

    Here is a sample shot using the Nikon Coolpix A. Exif data attached. I think it can handle low light pretty good even when set at AUTO ISO to 3200. The lens appears to gather light much better. Jpg image SOOC. Just resized and watermarked. Somewhere around Seoul, South Korea.
  16. G

    Post your latest purchases.

    My 8 battery cell charger has arrived. This is so much more convenient than my Maha four battery charger.
  17. G

    I did it! Bought a Nikon D610

    Hawaiian Lodge F&AM. Welcome to the forum. The Nikon 24-70-200mm f2.8 are my bread and butter. They handle just about every event photography that I do. I have the Zeiss 135mm f2 which is ridiculously sharp for portraits. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. G

    GQ's Photo Adventure

    I was going to post some castle stuff but my family was in the picture so I skipped it. :( Scott - the Coolpix A did a very nice job for a pocket type camera. The only draw back for PC users and Adobe CS5 is that there is no NEF support available. There is a support for Apple users though. My...
  19. G

    Post your latest purchases.

    So, here is my "new to me" used tripod right next to my CF 3 series Gitzo tripod. These tripods are just built to last.
  20. G

    GQ's Photo Adventure

    Sharing some images during our visit in Seoul, South Korea. Gyeongbokgung Palace Seoul South Korea
Top