Search results

  1. G

    Macro Lens for D800E

    Exactly my thoughts. @Kiwi what exactly made you so disappointed with that combo?
  2. G

    Niikon Gold Boxes: Keep em or get rid of them?

    I normally do not keep original boxes expecially with the flat screen TVs. I've been holding on the Nikon and other camera related boxes for a while just incase if I want to sell them in the future. For those equipment that I do not intend to sell, I usually dump it like my Gitzo tripod. So...
  3. G

    Nikon 85mm f1.8G vs Sigma 85mm f1.4 HSM

    I'm still trying to explore the advantages of the f1.4 vs f1.8. I know these are two different lenses and the Nikon 85mm f1.4G might be more appropriate but I do not have that lens. Here is the size comparison to start with. The Sigma is definitely much bigger and heavier as what you would...
  4. G

    My Digital Photography Equipment Evolution

    Looking back on how my equipmet have started and evolved as my passion in photography continues. So many lenses that I have tried and sold over the years. I thought of downsizing but somehow they keep on growning. It is so hard to let go on my current lenses until something new and improve is...
  5. G

    Choose your weapon

    Not your puny little gun though. LOL! I thought of sharing this image while I was at work today. Something different that most people don't get to see everyday. Taken by my Fujifilm X10. Choose your weapon by gqtuazon, on Flickr
  6. G

    December Monthly Assignment Winners (Holiday Theme)

    Without further due, congratulations to our top 5 finalist / winners. Thank you all for your continued participation. Great job to everyone! :o Please continue to learn, share your creativity and passion. :applouse: thegaffney #13 wornish #15 Scott Murray #24 Vincent #53...
  7. G

    My First Video with D3s

    It was my first time to use my D3s for video. The video quality after it was converted doesn't look good since I had to downsize it significantly. I'm too lazy to re-format it since my internet is very slow in my area. Anyway, I think the sound was pretty good with the added Nikon ME-1 mic...
  8. G

    D3s meets Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII

    I finally paired this combo and my SB 900. Wow! What a heavy weight! :eek: Anyway, after taking some portrait shots on one of the cosplay in the City of Kawasaki, I immediately remembered why I bought this lens. D3s Nikon70-200mm f2.8 VRII by gqtuazon, on Flickr 2. D3s Nikon 70-200mm...
  9. G

    Double camera carry?

    Awesome. I'll wait for your review. :) Sent from my iPhone.
  10. G

    Double camera carry?

    Bill thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it. it will require to handle a good 7 lbs set-up which includes a flash. I have not check the specs and capacity yet. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. G

    GQ's Photo Adventure

    I might as well consolidate some of my images here and to keep me motivated. Here is hoping for a great start for 2014. D3s CZ135mm f2 APO by gqtuazon, on Flickr
  12. G

    New D3s Owner

    Well, it didn't take that long. I wasn't able to keep it a secret that long but it is here. This camera was probably meant for me. I dropped by to one of our local stores here in Japan. I've asked the sales person to take it out of their glass cabinet so that I could inspect it. The camera was...
  13. G

    D700 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8

    This lens is always my default combo when covering parties and special events followed by the 70-200mm f2.8. I recently borrowed my friend's D700 to cover our Christmas Party in one of the Hotels in Tokyo. This old faithful still performs very well since when I first had it about 4 or 5 years...
  14. G

    Sandisk or Lexar SD cards?

    I need to replace two of my 133x Lexar cards. Somehow both got corrupted by my D7000 recently. My 16gb Sandisk is the only remaining SD card that I have and I am not comfortable without a back-up. Anyone knows who might have the best deal? I'm looking for a 32gb but no more than 64. Lexar...
  15. G

    Nikon 35mm f1.8G "FX" lens

    This is an interesting surprise for those who prefer the 35mm FL. A full frame compatible 35mm lens which could be similar to the 50mm f1.8G lens. I'm liking the start of 2014 already. Anyone interested instead of the Nikon 35mm f1.4G? New Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G FX lens to be announced...
  16. G

    D7000 low light video: Sleigh ride

    Just sharing the music of the holiday season. Sleigh Ride performed by the U.S. Navy 7th Fleet Band and the Japanese Firemen Band in our local theater. The venue was really dark, similar to watching a movie. Original file was 1080p but was converted to a lower resolution to make the file...
  17. G

    Shoots in night

    For night photography, use a tripod and keep your ISO low. Do not use auto ISO. Not the best sample but this is just something that I shot the other night. f7.1, 4 seconds, ISO 100
  18. G

    Help to convince me to fall in love with the D700 again

    Help! Convince me with the D700 again Some of you maybe aware that my D800E could be potentially gone for good. There are several D700(s) that are listed for sale. Most likely from people who wants to upgrade to the Df. The selling price for a unused D700 is $1,500. The others have reasonable...
  19. G

    December 2013 Monthly Assignment: Holiday Theme

    As probably anticipated, in celebration of the up coming Holidays, our monthly photo assignment is about the Holiday theme. However you want to interpret it whether you live up North or in Europe where your landscape is full of snow or summer time to our friends down under and in the tropics. Be...
  20. G

    Is it a good idea to let go of lenses that do not get used a lot?

    Since my primary camera is still broke, and I have not been able to shoot a lot lately, I have been considering in selling my other "less" used lenses. Less used to me is defined as a lens that is not frequently used i.e. 6 months or more. With that said, the candidate lenses are Nikon 300mm...
Top