Search results

  1. G

    My D800E is now DEAD!

    After dropping my D800E with a Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 and Nikon SB 900, my lens and flash survived the impact but the camera's housing didn't. Nikon Service Center returned it to me and deemed it beyond repair. Externally, it looks fine buy I guess the inside didn't matter much. I'm a little bit...
  2. G

    Day Three of broken leg

    This might provide a better way and comfort around the house and maybe an occasional trip to the zoo. Get well soon. Power Wheelchairs | 1800wheelchair.com
  3. G

    Classic Nikon Cameras

    I just wanted to share some of the cameras and lenses that I never even thought existed until I visited one of the many shops who still sells these collector's items in their store. I'm sure some of the members here have owned and used one of them at one point. I would like to hear your stories...
  4. G

    September Monthly assignment winners: Weathered

    First of all, I would like to say thank you and great job to everyone who participated with our monthly photo assignment. Please continue to participate, inspire and show your creativity with us. There were a lot of outstanding entries worthy of being printed and hung on your wall but we had...
  5. G

    Unorthodox lighting

    Some of the images that I took with a client during the previous weekend was in a sacred shrine here in Japan. Since they prohibit people from using tripods, I found some creative ways to still use my strobe and vagabond power supply. My portable lighting kit Japanese wedding 002 by...
  6. G

    D800 does Japanese Wedding

    Although I'm not the official photographer, I had the opportunity to observe a traditional Japanese wedding in one of Japan's oldest shrines. The wedding photographers were not allowed inside, so they had to be creative, shoot from the outside and deal with the dark shadows inside the shrine...
  7. G

    Studio Lighting tutorials

    I just wanted to share this link for those who wants to get into strobes or studio lighting. Lots of great video tutorials and how they set up their lights. A good link especially for beginners. Lessons with Video | Photoflex Lighting School | Photoflex
  8. G

    Looking for another Camera Backpack

    I've been looking for a camera backpack to update my older backpacks. I was going to get the $74.99 Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack from Amazon.com. Amazon.com: Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black): Camera & Photo Yesterday, I saw...
  9. G

    Extreme cropping

    Since most of the newer cameras including entry level cameras now have 24mp, let's show the resolution power of our cameras. Please include the camera, lens used and other nice to know data when you took the shot i.e. tripod or hand-held. Let the fun begin so allow me to start one. D800E...
  10. G

    Commemorating 9 11 victims

    A long tradition to fly the U.S. flag at half-staff or half-mast as we call it in the Navy when the whole nation is in mourning. Half Mast by gqtuazon, on Flickr 11Sep13 by gqtuazon, on Flickr
  11. G

    D800E + Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII High ISO (High School Football)

    I tried my D800E with the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII lens in DX mode to shoot our local High School football game. I've recently shot a similar game with my D7000 and Nikon 300mm f4 AFS lens on the thread below...
  12. G

    September Monthly Assignment: Weathered

    September monthly challenge is "weathered", abandoned, aged, antique, vintage or something within those lines. Your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF September 2013. Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so...
  13. G

    Command Station

    Ok, I must admit that I am becoming more of a "geek" with all of the gadgets that are available now. Too many wireless remote capabilities (me thinks) but I like it. I still have not entertained the idea of using my cell phone or ipad to take pictures with my D800E. Comparing to the film...
  14. G

    How big is your quick release plate?

    Manfrotto has it's own proprietary quick release design. I have one of their fluid head and just like what Don showed on his camera, it has a large footprint. I mounted an Arca-swiss compatible clamp above it so that I can use my arca swiss camera mount and lens mounts for easier and more solid...
  15. G

    Female photographers

    Off topic: Contrary to popular belief, the number of female photographers are more than what you think. During my recent visit in Tokyo Disneyland, most of the photographers that I noticed were female.
  16. G

    D7000 with Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens High ISO

    For the most part, the HS games are not so strict. I usually wear a red shirt and just blend in with the staff. They usually don't question me especially if I use a long lens. They think that I am part of the media or local news paper. LOL! The school has some volunteers that takes pictures...
  17. G

    D7000 with Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens High ISO

    Thanks Kevin. Here are some jpg images that were not edited other than resize and the water mark for comparison. Just double click on the image for larger view.
  18. G

    D7000 with Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens High ISO

    The High School football game just started. I brought my D7000 with the Nikon 300mm f4 AFS lens with me using a monopod. Since the football field was pretty dark, I think my set-up was just being pushed to its limits. I'm not happy with my shots. A D3s or D4 with a f2.8 lens will be a more...
  19. G

    Can you see the difference?

    I was slightly bored today and I decided to perform a test using my D800E, Nikon 300mm f4 mounted on my Gitzo GT3531S and Arca Swiss Z1 ballhead and a Nikon SB 800 mounted on the hot shoe. The test was to see how well my tripod and ball head handles slow shutter speeds and the effects of...
  20. G

    Rumor: Gotta love New Nikon products for 2014

    Rick is right and some of the schools, particularly the Naval Defense Academy which is similar to the U.S. Naval Academy have an American Football team with matching cheer leaders too. :D The military base schools compete against other military base team amongst the Army, Air Force, Navy and...
Top