Search results

  1. Whiskeyman

    My New D7100

    I got my D7100 three weeks ago and until last week, hardly touched it. Well, last week I was able to use it two nights for about 200 shots total, and I was not happy with the results at all. Everything I shot, with both Nikkor 28mm f1.8 (handheld) and Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR2 (monopod), was soft...
  2. Whiskeyman

    Happy 4th Of July Everybody!

    I'm at my parents' house in central Florida for the evening and they had a July Fourth parade drive through their neighborhood so I took some shots. What says "Happy July Fourth" better than a decked-out pickup truck and a John Deere tractor carrying a stuffed ape in a cage? After the...
  3. Whiskeyman

    Focus Fine Tuning Question

    I've read that the Nikkor teleconverters do not change the focus on Nikkor lenses, so should I only fine tune my focus for the lenses without the teleconverter attached, or should also do so with the teleconverter attached? WM
  4. Whiskeyman

    Post your Birds in Flight

    A Great Egret at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in South Florida.
  5. Whiskeyman

    Post your sunset images!

    Lower Matecumbe Key sunsets... WM
  6. Whiskeyman

    Marilynne's Wetlands and Other Stuff

    On Wednesday, I had the privilege of meeting up with Marilynne at the Wakodahatchee wetlands in Delray Beach. Although it rained on us, it didn't dampen my spirits, and the visit was simply fantastic, and Marilynne was a perfect hostess and guide. These shots are from the following day when...
  7. Whiskeyman

    Post your Birds in Flight

    White Ibis
  8. Whiskeyman

    Nikkor AF-S 400mm f2.8 II D ED IF Question

    I just read a review that indicated that this lens is not an FX format lens. I haven't ever read anything that indicated this before, and since it isn't a DX lens, assumed that it is a a full-frame lens. Can anyone here clear this up for me? I've tried the Nikon USA site and did a search here...
  9. Whiskeyman

    What do you call it?

    What is the technique of blending many small pictures or parts together to make up a much larger image? Does anyone have experience with doing this? What tools are needed to create this? Thanks! WM
  10. Whiskeyman

    Whiskeyman's Shot-A-Day 2014

    Well, I'm out of the task of an entry for every day this year, but I'll try to fill in some of what I've taken, but haven't posted, and at least keep the exercise going. March 30, Day 89, Shot 89 - Some of the azaleas in my front yard.
  11. Whiskeyman

    Ooooooooh!! That left a mark!!

    I had lunch with some co-workers today and the subject of photography came up. Turns out two of the other three were proud Canon owners who proceeded to give me grief about my "inferior Nikon" equipment. I didn't talk back to them at all, since I've learned not to over the years. (Mark Twain...
  12. Whiskeyman

    Whiskeyman's Shot-A-Day 2014

    Like this, maybe? WM
  13. Whiskeyman

    post your aviation shots!

    Falcon on a Buckeye KC-135... Taken last week with a borrowed D3. Notice the spots on the image? The date isn't correctly set on the D3, either. WM
  14. Whiskeyman

    post your aviation shots!

    Warthog... Stratotanker....(we used to call them TOADs) Eagle.... Herc...
  15. Whiskeyman

    Post your Birds in Flight

    Re: Bird in Flight Ospreys from a local nest. We call them George and Gracie. WM
  16. Whiskeyman

    Whiskeyman's Shot-A-Day 2014

    March 29, Day 88, Shot 88 I spent a bit of time with some Ospreys this afternoon. He was working on nest material retrieval as she was on the nest. I was told that she was on the nest fervently this week, which supposedly indicates that there are eggs in the nest. WM
  17. Whiskeyman

    Whiskeyman's Shot-A-Day 2014

    March 28, Day 87, Shot 87 Yesterday we had gale-force winds, which toppled a few trees. Unfortunately for my neighbor, his house was damaged. The tree service businesses were busy all day. WM
  18. Whiskeyman

    Whiskeyman's Shot-A-Day 2014

    Thank you, wud. Here's another... WM
Top