Search results

  1. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    This Pied-Billed Grebe almost seemed to enjoy having its photo taken. WM
  2. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    This is one of the first shots of the day for me. WM
  3. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    This Snowy Egret was standing on rocks at the outflow of a culvert below another pond, waiting for dinner to come to him. His patience was rewarded with a FW Shrimp. He finally turned away and ate the shrimp. WM
  4. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    This young Great Blue Heron raised quite a racket while we were there. It obviously wasn't getting what it wanted from its parents at the moment. WM
  5. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    Here is an Osprey with its catch. There was another Osprey watching this one closely, as well as a good sized murder of crows close by, waiting for this one to discard its meal, or to just get careless with it. WM
  6. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    Some will get uploaded to this thread and some likely elsewhere. Here is a Zebra Longwing, the Official State Butterfly of Florida. This one's a bit tattered, which is typical for one near the end of its lifespan, which can last up to about six months if food sources of both nectar and...
  7. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    Here's my first submission:
  8. Whiskeyman

    Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 4 2015 Meet 'n Greet

    On February 4th, four Nikonites (Marilynne, Rodbender, richnmib and Whiskeyman) met at the Circle B Bar Reserve near Lakeland, Florida for a chance to meet one another in person and spend part of the day practicing our photography habit. Marilynne also brought along her husband, Chris, who...
  9. Whiskeyman

    January Monthly contest

    Maybe somewhat true, but angering or annoying a lot of the members would be more likely to cause a problem. I don't get too wrapped around the axle about much on here, but I do exercise the ignore button when I feel like doing so. If a lot of folks are ignoring your posts, then they aren't...
  10. Whiskeyman

    Post your sunset shots

    From last summer; just south of Birmingham, Alabama . It's from a group of shots that I forgot about. The sun was setting on a long, hot day, and I still had more than four hours of driving left before I got home. WM
  11. Whiskeyman

    Photography in The Everglades/FLA Keys

    http://www.nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/upload/Ever_park-Map-FY10.pdf Some of the best birding locations are near the Flamingo Visitors Center. Just about any visitor center will have something to see and photograph. Robert Is Here Stop by the Robert Is Here fruit stand for a Key Lime...
  12. Whiskeyman

    Post your sunset shots

    My first new photos in quite a while. I missed an exquisite sky yesterday evening, but got this one, although it was not as good as the sunset last night. It's good to be out taking a photo for a change. WM
  13. Whiskeyman

    Post Your Bridges HERE

    I was able to go out with my camera this evening and do what I wanted to do. After about six months of shooting for others and a slight sabbatical, it was good to be out. However, the same can't be said for what I got tonight. I'lll have to get back into the practice of photography and...
  14. Whiskeyman

    New D90 at B&H

    For those so inclined, B&H has new Import D90 for sale on its webite as of a few minutes ago. Just under $800 with the 18-105 lens. WM
  15. Whiskeyman

    Post your birds (2)

    Juvenile Green Heron.
  16. Whiskeyman

    Post your birds (2)

    Can't get out to shoot, so I'm going through old shots. WM
  17. Whiskeyman

    January Monthly contest

    There is usually more than one winner for the monthly challenge. How would you work that? I can think of a couple of ways, such as selecting the first volunteer, or randomly drawing one name. What others might be used? WM
  18. Whiskeyman

    January Monthly contest

    In a round-about way, yes. If you'll take suggestions from us unwashed masses, I'll think about it and give you some suggestions when I think of them. Although I don't expect you to run them all yourself. WM
  19. Whiskeyman

    Panther Release in Florida

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/myfwcmedia/sets/72157647577511563/ Something to think about and look for in Florida. I'd love to see one of these in the wild, but don't know that I want it to see me...:rolleyes: It is a neat story, and I hope the cat is able to stay out of trouble. Maybe he'll...
  20. Whiskeyman

    January Monthly contest

    Are we running out of Mods, subjects, or both, Marcel? WM
Top