Search results

  1. Whiskeyman

    $*&%(%^#^#@* Credit Thieves

    I just got a new credit card on Jan 1st and have used it just three times. This afternoon, the USAA fraud division contacted me about some suspicious use of my card. It had been used three times today, at two local grocery stores, for well over $500. I had not even been out of the house...
  2. Whiskeyman

    What's The "Best" Photo You Took In 2014 ... Ready, GO!!!

    A very difficult assignment, Jake. I chose this shot for its relative simplicity. The subject is obvious in its contrast to the environment, but at the same time, the vertical grass and the bird's neck complement each other. WM
  3. Whiskeyman

    Last Week

    I spent the last week with my wife, children, brother and Mom and Dad at their house in Central Florida. While I was there, I visited Colonial Photo & Hobby in Orlando to pick up some photo related items. While there, I saw a rubber band-driven propeller balsa airplane, which I purchased to...
  4. Whiskeyman

    Creative Animal Photography

    This guy has done some very elaborate costuming and set creation!! This Photographer Transforms His Dog Into Different Animals Every Holiday Season ​WM
  5. Whiskeyman

    December Assignment: Kitsch decorations

    Corporal Claypot, at the guard!
  6. Whiskeyman

    Post your fog shots

    This one was in my gallery already, but I don't think it has been posted here. It's from February 2014 and was taken from White Point, across the bay from Destin, Florida. WM
  7. Whiskeyman

    Post your flower pics

  8. Whiskeyman

    I found a great radio station this weekend.

    In my trip south to visit my parents, my daughter was channel surfing and I stopped her cold when I heard a great song I hadn't heard in many years. The song ended and the announcer came on the air and declared that they "play the songs that you never thought you would hear on the radio again"...
  9. Whiskeyman

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    My neighbor had a car in that show. He told me about the 10-mile line of cars to get into town, too. Quite the show, though. I opted to visit the Chautauqua Winery show in Defuniak Springs, Florida last weekend, where I took a few photos.
  10. Whiskeyman

    Sunset Partial Eclipse Thursday

    This Thursday, October 23, a large part of the world will experience a partial solar eclipse. In my neck of the woods, the sun will be setting while in this state. I plan on having my D90 out with the 300mm f4.5 at one of my favorite sunset spots. I just hope that the skies are as clear as...
  11. Whiskeyman

    Too Good to be True

    This ebay lister has a lot of $2.50 B-I-N items: Nikon Nikkor 200 mm F2G AF s VR II If Ed Lens | eBay They cannot be bona fide. In fact, this one says it is for sale for $1600 in the description, which is still waaaay too low!!! WM
  12. Whiskeyman

    Advice for shooting without an anti-alias filter ?

    Can any of those who have used the Nikon digital cameras without anti-aliasing filters share any advice that might help those of us having problems with them? (Me!!!) I just can't seem to get over having issues with my D7100, and know that it's likely my techniques that are causing the...
  13. Whiskeyman

    What gives?

    I'm browsing gear sales sites this AM and notice that there are a lot of pro bodies on the market (ebay, B&H, Adorama, etc). In particular, I noticed a lot of D800s and D800Es for sale, as well as a lot of D700s for sale much lower prices than I paid for mine 18 months ago. I figured that the...
  14. Whiskeyman

    Post your Birds in Flight

    Going through a bunch of older shots, I found some of these... from a cloudy day. WM
  15. Whiskeyman

    10% off Refurbished at Nikon USA

    Refurbished Cameras from Nikon | Used DSLR Cameras has a 10%-off sale going on through Sunday. WM
  16. Whiskeyman

    Nikkor 300mm f 2 on eBay

    A Rare Opportunity that I'll have to pass on at the moment. Nikon Nikkor 300mm F 2 300 2 Ed If AIS with TC 14c Teleconverter 1 4X 14D064 | eBay I don't believe that these are offered for sale very often. I don't remember ever seeing one advertised as such before, and no wonder they are...
  17. Whiskeyman

    Strong Aurora Borealis Possible ...

    There was a strong/large coronal mass ejection from the sun earlier this week, and while it wasn't directed straight at the earth, it could result in auroras visible south into the northern and middle lower 48 states within the next few days. Visit http://www.spaceweather.com get the latest...
  18. Whiskeyman

    Roller/Rolling Bags????

    I've resolved to purchase a rolling bag since my back hurt all day yesterday after lugging a shoulder bag around on Friday night. If you have one, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Please state what bag it is and what you like about it, as well as what you don't like about it. Thank you. WM
  19. Whiskeyman

    Signs, signs, everywhere there

    are signs, and last weekend, I saw a great one, but was driving and couldn't stop to photograph it. it said: I'm too old to know everything. So, does anyone have photographs of clever/insightful signs they have seen? If so post them here, alone with their location. Thanks WM
  20. Whiskeyman

    Always yearning for new equipment?

    Then read this: No One is Making a Bad Camera, You're Just a Bad Photographer He's very blunt and up-front, (ranting, according to the editor) but, there's more truth here than I want to admit most of the time. What do you think? WM
Top