Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I found an awesome web location with thousands of heretofore unseen vintage railroad photographs. Many are very rare. I happened upon a photo taken at Alleghany, VA (that's how they spell it, not Allegheny) at the (then) Chesapeake & Ohio's 'A Cabin'. The vintage photo was probably taken in...
  2. S

    Food shots

    It's Girl Scout Cookie time! Here's the 2014 arrival in my truck, all destined for hungry customers. MMmmmmm ....
  3. S

    Snow

    The wife bundled up in infinite layers of insulation. Yep, she shoots with a Nikon too.
  4. S

    Manhole Covers Plus

    A snowy manhole cover cast on the planet Vulcan .....
  5. S

    Snow

    Birds had to move further south. I just noticed that I used a 35mm film canister years ago to hang the birdhouse!
  6. S

    Snow

    This morning in the Carolina midlands. No snowshovels in these parts!
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught a fast moving empty coal train this morning in Ballentine, SC. I was hoping for a better shot of a train from the other direction, but this train was all CSX had to offer at the time.
  8. S

    Suddenly, Can't See Pictures

    My photo here of the train on the bridge would not appear last night. I could see only the grey "Attached Thumbnails" box with no photo in it. It was like that throughout last night. Tonight I can see the photo. Let me try another one here.
  9. S

    Suddenly, Can't See Pictures

    Suddenly tonight, I can no longer see many photos posted by other members. In fact, photos that I just tried to upload don't appear. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I use IE11, but things have been okay until a few hours ago.
  10. S

    Snow

    Even my railroad whistle post in the back yard received a snow cap. And I liked the color and contrast here.
  11. S

    Snow

    Okay, here's a few from South Carolina, taken this morning after last night's storm: Anybody for a dip?
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Black River & Western Railroad switching in Flemington, NJ about 1975. This locomotive is an Alco RS-1 which was probably built in the late 40's or early 50's. Its original owner was the Washington (DC) Terminal Railroad. The RS-1 was a landmark locomotive, one of the first to combine...
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken October 1977 in Knoxville, TN. I just liked the composition and waited until the pigeons took flight.
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    While we are looking at wrecks, here's a crumpled C&NW caboose taken in July 1976 in Barrington, IL. I think the train was rear-ended by another train that overran a signal. I hope no one was injured
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Building on my growing collection of photographs of special Norfolk Southern locomotives in trailing positions (i.e. not heading up the train) comes this morning's shot of their Veterans locomotive in Columbia, SC. This is a northbound train, so the sun is in the lens during its run and it's...
  16. S

    Vintage Packaging Brings A Smile

    And from the era when most drug stores had tube testing machines and sold tubes, comes this simplified package. There's even a tube inside.
  17. S

    Vintage Packaging Brings A Smile

    Here's a package from a time when men were men and light bulbs were light bulbs. From Chicago's Commonwealth Edison.
  18. S

    Vintage Packaging Brings A Smile

    Although my Dad passed away over a decade ago, I still depend on the inventory of odd stuff he left in his home shop. My Dad was quite skilled at anything involving home repair or improvement, so I never know what I might find there. To wit, check out this package of hanger strap which I...
  19. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    As featured on our Christmas tree. <g> [Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M]
  20. S

    Post YOUR rides

    This was another one of our favorite cars -- a 1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport. Nothing grand, just a li'l mini Mini Van with a 1.8L engine and a 5-Speed stick, but it was extraordinary in its reliability (236,000 Miles), fuel economy and carrying capability. We named it 'The Sprout' because it...
Top