Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Yay -- I caught up with NS's Penn Central Heritage Unit this afternoon, taking empty rock train 63R through Columbia. She's diverging on to the W Line to Spartanburg here.
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Missed NS's Penn Central Heritage Unit this morning [ :( ], but heard the Dispatcher give clearance for another freight to leave the yard. I raced north to a spot I'd picked out and made it with one minute to spare. That's MP 101, 101 Miles from Charlotte Junction, NC.
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Went to the Post Office this morning and then on to the nearby NS line to find local train P85 drilling about. A bank sign noted that the temperature was 100 Deg. Bleh. :p
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught a rare daylight shot of the northbound Silver Star this morning. I'd forgotten about the dappled sunlight here, but I think I like it. I briefly considered hiking up to the north end of the siding where it's open and bright, but I like the forested composition in this shot better. Two...
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Took Felix The (Honda) Fit out to see trains some weeks ago. :cool:
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Took the long route to the grocery store today so that I could check things on NS. A red signal indicated a northbound was due, so I set up for a picture. That's an SD-60 rebuild leading.
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    …. and one more. This of NS 192 leaving Columbia, SC headed north. With NS's Top21 operational changes, 192 has become an enormously long train. I'm surprised that it runs without helpers.
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Coincidental with nikonpup's sighting of an SD-40-2 was my sighting of one today as seen here. NS is rebuilding these I think; such a beautiful shine. I love old signals, so was happy to capture one with this local. The "fishtail" plate on the signal mast identifies it as a "Distant" signal...
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken today in Columbia, SC, NS's Interstate Railroad Heritage Unit 8105 trails on Train 191. Man, it was HOT outside.
  10. S

    Old and Abandoned

    There's a vacancy, but no motel. :eek:
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught two shots yesterday of eastern railroad heavyweights CSX and NS. CSX appeared at Laurens, SC and NS at Spartanburg, SC. No matter where I stood in Laurens, I was surrounded by signposts and poles. :eek:
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From the wayback machine, blue flagged Southern Railway units in Prattville, AL await the call to duty in March of 1983.
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught Norfolk Southern train 192 today at the south end of the siding at Simpson, SC. Railway signal hounds will note that the signal lacks a number plate, so is an "Absolute" signal, aptly named because a train cannot stop upon a red signal here and then proceed at limited speed. NS adds an...
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A snapshot from my teen years in about 1976 shows Soo Line 777 at Deval Interlocking at Des Plaines, IL. Taken with a Nikkormat FTn. I miss open cab windows and friendly waves.
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    In view of the summer heat, I find myself indoors suffering from the want to see train. I went out this morning to seek a photo spot, but the location was badly backlit. Knowing that a train was due and that the shot would suffer from bad light, I took a walk on the wild side and chose a...
  16. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    VW's most muscular North American Golf, the Golf R. 288 HP, 280 LB/FT and AWD.
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken today, Norfolk Southern Train 192 advances north at Ridgeway, SC under overcast skies.
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Just too hot and humid to be out chasing trains. :cool: Best to be inside I suppose. Made some progress on my model railroad block control panel. Yes, I went a little nuts with the LEDs. The panel provides some spare positions for layout expansion or things I failed to think of.
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    This industrial spur has a branchline look about it and when matched with vintage power, can make for a nice picture.
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. The SOU unit went north to the big yard in Linwood, NC, then came right back south through Columbia. I'm not sure why, but it was spotted all by itself today. I couldn't get close, but was able to get this shot. Somebody needs to get busy with a weedwhacker …..:rolleyes: One of...
Top