New Forum

Fred Kingston

Hi John, Sorry that my paid email service att has blocked nikonites emails sent to my address. This is not about spam email, but for security reasons, hackers (somehow nikonites IP was misidentified as by att) need to be blocked from hacking into the server and recipients. If you aren't bothered and try following the link I posted previously, you probably will be able to resolve the issue and remove nikonites from att mail blacklist. Understand and appreciate you have to take time and effort to do this. Thanks

Although I have two other email providers: Yahoo and Gmail, both free, I have no intention to use either for my forum account for the reason: they are both free services with little concern for recipients being hacked. Yahoo mail service is the most globally abused target: my experience shows I had several yahoo email addresses and each was bombarded with hundred if not thousand of junk mail every day! Finally, I closed all but one address and never used or read that one. Gmail service is from Google which is the biggest super global data collector, they don't miss anything linked to you and your contacts if under their radar. There is no such as no-value data to them. Privacy protection is my main reason for not using my Gmail address for anything now.

I am to stop babbling about this now and just wait for new development from John's help, if any.

It's none of my business, but I wouldn't expect JDEG to pursue the issue with YOUR ISP at this point. AT&T used to respond to Postmaster queries whether an address was blacklisted... Postmaster for email servers is basically a trouble shooting/info protocol... All mail servers support it... AT&T has seen fit to turn off the portions that support blacklists... IOW, they've quit interacting with folks about their blacklists and aren't responding to their customer's needs...

blackstar

You have that other email address you use, blackstar. You posted it earlier, and you used it with me off the forum. It isn't Yahoo or Gmail. Why not use that one?
As I mentioned before, other than Yahoo and Gmail all email addresses I have are either att.net or sbcglobal.net they are all under att services. If you check the link (remove from att mail blacklist) I posted earlier, you'll find either of the two domains gets the same treatment of blocking if the sender is in the blacklist. :(

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
As I mentioned before, other than Yahoo and Gmail all email addresses I have are either att.net or sbcglobal.net they are all under att services. If you check the link (remove from att mail blacklist) I posted earlier, you'll find either of the two domains gets the same treatment of blocking if the sender is in the blacklist. :(
Then you have a decision to make. Either continue with your ATT email as it is is or switch to an email that isn't ATT.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It's none of my business, but I wouldn't expect JDEG to pursue the issue with YOUR ISP at this point. AT&T used to respond to Postmaster queries whether an address was blacklisted... Postmaster for email servers is basically a trouble shooting/info protocol... All mail servers support it... AT&T has seen fit to turn off the portions that support blacklists... IOW, they've quit interacting with folks about their blacklists and aren't responding to their customer's needs...
This is correct. From what I can tell, they don't respond. Their email system is pretty much on broken autopilot. I'm not sure why they would immediately block this server since it is new. Unless the IP previously had a server with spam coming from it, but I've had this IP in my possession for over a year. Either way, I have no way around this at the moment.

Fred Kingston

One last stab at this... AT&T does NOT have a singular Blacklist that is propagated across their entire platform... They have thousands of servers, DNS servers, and email servers... Your perception that routing and blacklists are routed the same and/or that the blacklist in the SBCGlobal is the same in the Yahoo or AT&T systems is erroneous.

Fred Kingston

This is correct. From what I can tell, they don't respond. Their email system is pretty much on broken autopilot. I'm not sure why they would immediately block this server since it is new. Unless the IP previously had a server with spam coming from it, but I've had this IP in my possession for over a year. Either way, I have no way around this at the moment.
There's probably a mistyped IP John, and because they're on auto-broke and don't respond, it's easier to go around them than it is to get them to get their hands dirty and fix it...

blackstar

One last stab at this... AT&T does NOT have a singular Blacklist that is propagated across their entire platform... They have thousands of servers, DNS servers, and email servers... Your perception that routing and blacklists are routed the same and/or that the blacklist in the SBCGlobal is the same in the Yahoo or AT&T systems is erroneous.
Fred, Are you saying that if I use sbcglobal.net (which is under att service), it may work? If so, I can switch.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just try it blackstar. The forum will automatically generate a confirmation email that you'll need to click on before you can access your account. If you don't receive the email, you know how to reach me off the forum. But be sure to whitelist the Nikonites email address first as a precaution.

Fred Kingston

Cindy...Can you reset his email back to the previous one... He says he's not getting a confirmation email. and now can't authenticate to get back into the forum...

TwistedThrottle

my view of post number 1.JPG

As per @Needa request, I am posting this in the "New Forum" thread.

I could see the pics fine all month for this weekly challenge. Can see all the pics in all the other threads just fine but the weekly voting thread has a different result for me, above is a screen grab of what I see on post #1 in the voting thread). I'm using Chrome with Windows and I do have my adblocker up and running, (the answers to the questions Needa asked in a PM to me). Are there still some bugs on these voting threads that need to be worked out?