New Forum

Robin W

I finally have my new computer organized and ready to use again. I can not remember the size we must use to upload photos. I tried uploading one but it looks extremely blurry and the real photo is not blurry at all. Can someone remind me of the file sizes? Thanks

Robin W

Great Crested Flycatcher.
20240519-RD5_0767-Edit.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
I finally have my new computer organized and ready to use again. I can not remember the size we must use to upload photos. I tried uploading one but it looks extremely blurry and the real photo is not blurry at all. Can someone remind me of the file sizes? Thanks
I use 1100 on the long side and 1200 was what recommended in the past. Other are uploading larger files. If you are converting from RAW to JPG the compression ratio is important. I use 95% detail preservation, some program stated it differently so that would only be say 5% compression. Check how much preservation or compression you are using.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
It used to be 1024 on the long side, but this forum takes files that are a little larger. With my own uploads here, it seems as though there is some type of compression happening because my uploaded images don't have the same quality they do before uploading. That didn't happen to my photos on the old forum.

As Needa mentioned, I tend to use 1200 on the long side here.

Dawg Pics

I use 1100 on the long side and 1200 was what recommended in the past. Other are uploading larger files. If you are converting from RAW to JPG the compression ratio is important. I use 95% detail preservation, some program stated it differently so that would only be say 5% compression. Check how much preservation or compression you are using.
I wonder if that what was going on with my images in the past. I lost a lot of clarity and never could figure out why.

Needa

Challenge Team
I wonder if that what was going on with my images in the past. I lost a lot of clarity and never could figure out why.
There can be many causes. I mentioned this for Robin as I thought some of the file sizes seemed a bit small (not the dimensions).

Last edited: