+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 107 of 107
  1. #101
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Hark 2020
    This is the new design for memorial benches at this park. Previously the benches were made out of wood slats on concrete bases, but the wood slats weathered, splintered, and in some instances broke. This appears to be made out of a wood-look type of resin.

    Hark 2020-_10k2971-low-res.jpg


    › See More: Hark 2020
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch, Woodyg3 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    Flickr
    and My 2020 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci





  2. #102
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Hark 2020
    Here is another memorial bench I photographed today. For some reason, I hadn't saved the file as a jpeg...only as a PSD.

    Hark 2020-_10k2963-low-res.jpg
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    Flickr
    and My 2020 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Whiskeyman's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Hark 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    This is the new design for memorial benches at this park. Previously the benches were made out of wood slats on concrete bases, but the wood slats weathered, splintered, and in some instances broke. This appears to be made out of a wood-look type of resin.

    Hark 2020-_10k2971-low-res.jpg
    I've seen and used that style of benches before. The ones I saw were marked as being manufactured with 100% recycled plastics.

    They did seem to be a bit hotter than the old wooden ones.

    WM
    “If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” - Jim Richardson

  4. #104
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyman View Post
    I've seen and used that style of benches before. The ones I saw were marked as being manufactured with 100% recycled plastics.

    They did seem to be a bit hotter than the old wooden ones.

    WM
    I didn't sit on it but hadn't given any thought to it possibly being hotter. It definitely might because plastic would be hotter to sit on than wood (remembering back to the days of vinyl car seats). Many of the wooden benches weathered requring new slats - and that cost adds up over time. Plus with the previous concrete bases, people were moving the benches. These new ones are cemented into the ground.
    Thanks/Like Whiskeyman Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    Flickr
    and My 2020 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  5. #105
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Hark 2020
    Yesterday while photographing this scarecrow, an older couple stopped to talk. The man carried a Nikon D810 with a MagSphere on an attached flash. He mentioned seeing a thin bird house with a really small hole and said a hawk was sitting on top. I knew he meant one of the bat houses (made by a local Boy Scout troop). Then he showed me his image - it was a Red-Tailed Hawk. So when I finished here, I went to check out the bat house.

    Hark 2020-_10k3010-low-res.jpg

    Wow, I was really surprised to see the damage done to the bat house opening. Obviously bats must have been using this house although perhaps they moved to a different house. I know of at least 3 bat houses at the park. These bat houses are elevated on very tall poles - maybe 15 feet tall.

    Hark 2020-_dsc1936-low-res.jpg
    Thanks/Like Needa Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    Flickr
    and My 2020 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  6. #106
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Marilynne's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Yesterday while photographing this scarecrow, an older couple stopped to talk. The man carried a Nikon D810 with a MagSphere on an attached flash. He mentioned seeing a thin bird house with a really small hole and said a hawk was sitting on top. I knew he meant one of the bat houses (made by a local Boy Scout troop). Then he showed me his image - it was a Red-Tailed Hawk. So when I finished here, I went to check out the bat house.

    Hark 2020-_10k3010-low-res.jpg

    Wow, I was really surprised to see the damage done to the bat house opening. Obviously bats must have been using this house although perhaps they moved to a different house. I know of at least 3 bat houses at the park. These bat houses are elevated on very tall poles - maybe 15 feet tall.

    Hark 2020-_dsc1936-low-res.jpg
    First time seeing a bat house with the opening at the top. Looks well used.
    Thanks/Like hark Thanks/liked this post
     

  7. #107
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilynne View Post
    First time seeing a bat house with the opening at the top. Looks well used.
    I've never seen any other bat houses besides the ones at the park. I'll definitely search online to see how others are made. If the holes are closer to the bottom, then it certainly would help alleviate the hawk trying to get them. Of course I'm assuming the majority of damage was done by the hawk.
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    Flickr
    and My 2020 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci







Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •