Hark 2020

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Wilson was snoozing on the fence post again today.

_DSC3847 low res.jpg

I only fired the shutter once. And that was all it took. He awoke immediately, stretched, then walked over to get his peanuts.

_DSC3879 low res.jpg

Sometimes he'd stay right there and eat one. Other times he'd pick one up and head back to the wooden fence post to dine.

_DSC3884 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
These are a little out of order. Both of these were taken yesterday.

I was headed to Washington Crossing when I passed this cow. So on the way home, I made sure to stop - it gave me a chuckle. ;) It was pretty big.

_10K2262 low res.jpg

These are the pilings of the Scudder Falls Bridge in Yardley. A new span was built and opened sometime last year. They are still working beneath the bridge. Since I went on a Saturday, no one was around. Great time for a photo opp! :encouragement:

_10K2277 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Wilson was waiting for me yesterday afternoon. He has a following in a Facebook group so I told him I wanted to take pics for his fans. Granted he doesn't know what that means, but I was floored by the last two photos I took. They look posed.

I don't want him to get too comfortable with me, and although it looks like he is, he really isn't. When I approach to put peanuts or corn on the fence, he runs back. And that's good. I'd rather he keep his distance.

_DSC3910 low res.jpg

_DSC3911 low res.jpg

_DSC3917 low res.jpg

_DSC3922 low res.jpg

_DSC3924 low res.jpg

_DSC3940 low res.jpg

_DSC3950 low res.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Wilson was waiting for me yesterday afternoon. He has a following in a Facebook group so I told him I wanted to take pics for his fans. Granted he doesn't know what that means, but I was floored by the last two photos I took. They look posed.

I don't want him to get too comfortable with me, and although it looks like he is, he really isn't. When I approach to put peanuts or corn on the fence, he runs back. And that's good. I'd rather he keep his distance.

View attachment 331007

View attachment 331008

View attachment 331006

View attachment 331005

View attachment 331004

View attachment 331003

View attachment 331002

Love the shots on the fence Cindy.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks, Marilynne. I was floored by how calm he was as long as I gave him some distance. I've never seen a squirrel look so relaxed like he does in the last 2 images. :)

A long time ago a guy at work was eating a PB&J sandwich in the courtyard. He saw the squirrel, a frequent visitor to the courtyard, and didn't pay attention to it. Well, he turned his head to talk to me and the squirrel jumped on the table and swiped his sandwich right out of his hand and ran. Surprised everyone, so be careful with Wilson.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't been remotely close to an eagle in over a month so I was glad to see this one. Both images are cropped.

_DSC3973 low res.jpg

_DSC3992 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Today it's been very windy so I doubted I'd see much of any wildlife. However, I was quite surprised to see this red fox sitting just a few feet from the road. I parked my car, got out, and stood by the door to shoot. The fox disappeared very quickly - but considering I was only 50-60 feet away, I was surprised I even captured it.

_DSC4229 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I let our dogs out about 9:30pm tonight and was quite startled to see something on the bird feeder. I put the dogs inside and grabbed my camera. The image is over exposed quite a bit compared with how the scene really looked. All I saw initially was a long tail. And it looked like a rat. It wasn't until I moved closer that I could tell it was a baby possum.

EDIT: People on Facebook are telling me this is a rat. I lightened the face to show the size of its ears. I really thought the ears were a little too big for it to be a rat. What do you think? :confused:

_10K2387 low res.jpg

_10K2387 lightened face low res.jpg

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This bridge took over 18 months to replace - lots of delays having to move power lines. I certainly hadn't expected it to look so nice. The last image is the Delaware State Canal that runs beneath the same road, but it is about 50 feet from this bridge.

_10K2403 low res.jpg

_10K2404 low res.jpg

_10K2407 low res.jpg

_10K2399 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A banded Bald Eagle. From what I've found out, the bands might be from New Jersey.

_DSC4372 enlargement low res.jpg

_DSC4442 enlargement low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Bucks County has a variety of scenery. Entrance to a Waste Management landfill. At times the smell is just awful especially with all the gases it creates. :hurt: I've been getting a lot of my eagle photos in this area. Seems the eagles hang out over the man-made hills by their own choice. This is one of three landfills all within the same area.

_10K2420 low res.jpg

Tranquility of the Community Park.

_10K2455 low res.jpg

Dangerspouse

Bucks County can be soooo beautiful, especially the northern parts. Closer to 295, say from Langhome on down, it's not particularly bucolic. But if you're up around Quakertown, Milford, etc., you're in a wonderful place indeed. Landfill or no landfill!

I still want to know why they named it "Elephant", btw....

:)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Bucks County can be soooo beautiful, especially the northern parts. Closer to 295, say from Langhome on down, it's not particularly bucolic. But if you're up around Quakertown, Milford, etc., you're in a wonderful place indeed. Landfill or no landfill!

I still want to know why they named it "Elephant", btw....

:)

You are definitely correct. Areas from Langhore, Yardley, and north are much prettier. But you've lost me with 'Elephant.' :confused: What is named Elephant?

Dangerspouse

Lol. It's a section of Bedminster, if I recall. I think it's named after a historic tavern of the same name, or possibly an elephant statue. I vaguely remember hearing it was one of those two, but I'm too lazy to Google it :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Lol. It's a section of Bedminster, if I recall. I think it's named after a historic tavern of the same name, or possibly an elephant statue. I vaguely remember hearing it was one of those two, but I'm too lazy to Google it :)

Ahh...and so it IS the name of a town (I Googled it). Never heard of it before. And definitely an unusual name.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Saw this cute chocolate lab taking a swim and playing fetch with a stick. His name is Harley. :)

_DSC4686 low res.jpg

_DSC4696 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This was taken last week at church. Sadly they decided to cancel all activities at the church including Worship. At least our Pastor videotaped her sermon and posted in our church's Facebook group. Anyway...at the least the magnolia tree looked nice. :encouragement:

_NIK1461 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Is anyone familiar with the song Saturday in the Park by Chicago? These were taken on Saturday...in the park. ;) And looking at my calendar, July 4th also falls on a Saturday [Saturday...in the park...I think it was the fourth of July]. I want to be sure to take some pics that day. :cool:

_DSC0162 low res.jpg

_DSC0164 low res.jpg

_DSC0167 low res.jpg

Later in the afternoon after not seeing any wildlife, I stopped back with my D7200, 300mm, and a teleconverter. Was surprised to be able to frame up this shot with such a long lens. The one tree stood out from the others because it was so much whiter.

_NIK1476 low res.jpg

Last edited: