Why here instead of nikonians?

Curt

I think what is important is that everyone is entitled to their opinions and this site allows that. Egos don’t get in the way and you don’t have to keep your opinions to yourself out of fear you will be judged. This is a great site, I joined right at the start and have been sticking with it ever since. I don’t belong to any other forums, I don’t feel the need.
I have learned a lot in the past year being a member, and I like to hope I have helped others as well. After all we all want to learn as much as we can, get better at our craft, and what the heck, make a few friends along the way J. I am a bit guilty of maybe posting too many pics…..lol.... but I like to share, hope others enjoy what I post, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

theregsy

Here is my 2 cents…lol. I believe if the group you are with is condescending, or rude, offers really no real helpful constructive criticism, why bother? That is what I like about the Nikonites, good people great site.

Curt I don't think you understand what being a photographer is all about, I am a PROFESSIONAL and I don't believe that you have posted that reply in the right area of the forum and your comment has no relevance anyway! LOL

Sorry, only joking, is that the sort of thing we are hiding from????? \lol ;)

Curt

Yeah, that’s exactly what I am talking about…lol. But it is true I am not a professional photographer. Although I have been paid for my services, I believe that makes me eligible for that title “Professional”…lol. All kidding aside I guess if you are doing it for a living that’s different. I give credit where credit is due J.

fotojack

I agree with Curt totally. There is no place for overly inflated egos in this forum. Just because I'm near perfect doesn't mean others can't aspire to the heights I've achieved in a relatively short time. ;) LOL I kill myself sometimes! LOL :)

By the way, Curt........what's the J for at the end of your posts? It's been bugging me for a long time now! Just wondering. :)

Rick M

I browsed nikonians before landing here. The layout, appearance and navigation of that site is terrible. It just didn't appear friendly or easy to use, let alone, pay for. Besides all the great people here, which is fantastic, this site is more inviting and easy to navigate, which is very important to a newer forum member.

fotojack

J at the end of my posts? Don't know anything about it, but now its bugging me...lol?

Re: Why here instead of nikonians?

Yeah, that’s exactly what I am talking about…lol. But it is true I am not a professional photographer. Although I have been paid for my services, I believe that makes me eligible for that title “Professional”…lol. All kidding aside I guess if you are doing it for a living that’s different. I give credit where credit is due J.

See the J at the end of your post? :)

Toppers

I found both sites today and have had loads of replies to my questions and every one seems v friendly here. The other site is either very quiet or they are not answering.

Thumbs up for here ....HUZZAAAAAh

robinchun

I browsed nikonians before landing here. The layout, appearance and navigation of that site is terrible. It just didn't appear friendly or easy to use, let alone, pay for. Besides all the great people here, which is fantastic, this site is more inviting and easy to navigate, which is very important to a newer forum member.
I'm with you..Nikonians is not (imo) user friendly..plus it costs.Glad i found my way here!

Robin

NiknoDave

the other place isnt friendly at all... joined there and all they did was pester me for money.

this looks like a much better layout and place to be from what i have seen so far.

Toppers

just been back to that "other" forum and the intro post has had 30 views and no response not even hi welcome since yesterday..... :(

Nikonite1222

Well,,we don't behave like that here, let me take the time here for you and welcome you and wish you all the success here as you progress with photography and learning. I know that I have asked a number of questions across a broad spectrum of topics and the members here were all more than helpful in helping you out.
I have also returned the favor and have answered questions from others as well,,,it is a two way street.

So ,,,welcome and look forward to talking to you soon.

Sincerely- Doug

Toppers

Yes I suppose so, I was not having a go at them, just puzzled that no one has bothered to reply whereas here it made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

Eye-level

Banned
This is the best Nikon forum bar none...so you are at the right place now. I am pretty new here but I think I can get away with saying welcome!

Kim20

I absolutely love this site!!! I am a newby too, got my first camera in Feb of this year. I have never even looked for, or thought of looking for another site. I have learned so much from reading the forums, and seeing everyone else's photos, that I feel I am rapidly improving in my hobby. Thanks to ALL involved with Nikonites!!!! I too post many pics, and get that "warm and fuzzy feeling" when someone comments or likes one of my photos. I, like everyone else here, put a lot of effort into getting that right shot, angle, color and subject. I am a shy person, so have done little in the forums as far as interaction, but I can see that that will change. This is a very friendly site, and I am happy to have found it.