Whiskeyman's March 2021 Wildlife Photo Chase

Whiskeyman

And now for some shots of nesting egrets. Oh, how I wish I could go back and redo these to address some of the details.

Nesting Egrets-1.jpg

Nesting Egrets-3.jpg

Nesting Egrets-4.jpg

WM

Dangerspouse

What a terrific series of shots! I'm so glad this worked out for you in the end. Sounds like you had an excellent time, and you certainly took some excellent pictures. Well worth the price of that pass! I would have loved to have seen that twilight arrival of the mass of birds back to the area. Incredible. Good for you, and thanks for posting these! I really enjoyed seeing them :encouragement:

Whiskeyman

What a terrific series of shots! I'm so glad this worked out for you in the end. Sounds like you had an excellent time, and you certainly took some excellent pictures. Well worth the price of that pass! I would have loved to have seen that twilight arrival of the mass of birds back to the area. Incredible. Good for you, and thanks for posting these! I really enjoyed seeing them :encouragement:

I'm happy that you enjoy my trip photos, and thank you for posting the nice comments. If you ever get to that area at the right time, I really do suggest that you visit after calling to verify the status of the rookery. I'm still trying to think of a way to get back there more often.

WM

Whiskeyman

Have fun Wayne! Safe travels!

Thank you, Marilynne. It was a great trip, but it could have been better. That's what the next time is for, right? It also would have been better if I had a firm schedule and wasn't just making it up as I went along. Maybe you and Chris could brave the dangers of I-95 and drive up to have a meet-and-greet there. I met some nice photographers along the way, but seeing old friends is always the strawberry on top! (I know,... it's cherry on top; but I don't really like cherries that much.)

Wayne

Whiskeyman

While we were out, Woody paid us a visit.

Pileated WP-1.jpg

Pileated WP-2.jpg

He never came very close, so these shots are heavily cropped. He also didn't stay long and was very wary. A bit later, we saw why.

Barred Owl-1.jpg

WM

Whiskeyman

When other birds give me problems, it always seems this one comes through for me.

Flying GBH-1.jpg

WM

Attachments

• Flying GBH-1.jpg
    Flying GBH-1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I just realized that I haven't posted any shots I took with the D500 since I returned home! It's time to get going on those!
WM

Your EXIF isn't displaying, Wayne, so no way for us tell which body you used. Looks like you had some fun out there! :)

Whiskeyman

Your EXIF isn't displaying, Wayne, so no way for us tell which body you used. Looks like you had some fun out there! :)

Thanks, Cindy! I now realize that the images I'm processing in LR on my iMac aren't including EXIF data, while the photos I posted with my laptop do. I've got some settings to change somewhere in LR on my iMac!

How's this?

GBH on Submerged Log-1.jpg

WM

Attachments

• GBH on Submerged Log-1.jpg
    GBH on Submerged Log-1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: