What Happened to the WYSIWYG Editor Button?!!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It does work, but I am not at all pleased that I have to install an unwanted browser so I can post my pictures. I do not like Chrome and do not want to use it.
What browser are you using? I have a feeling it's a cache issue. May be a DNS cache, which is the problem @Marcel is having.

Bikerbrent

The column on the left is the Firefox Bookmarks sidebar which Chrome lacks.

bookmark_445780.jpg

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A-hem. Scratching my head wondering what the heck the WYSIWYG button is used for. :rolleyes: Obviously I didn't miss it!

wev

Contributor
What browser are you using? I have a feeling it's a cache issue. May be a DNS cache, which is the problem @Marcel is having.

Firefox, as I always have. Nikonites has full permissions and purging the cache and cookies was the first thing I tried. Made no difference at all.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Anyone else using Safari see what I see? Jdeg mentioned that I might have a cache problem... I tried to flush it but the results are the same.
This is what I see when I try to upload a picture or respond to a post:
240171-home-page-not-working-sans-titre.jpg

And this is what I see when I go to "What's New"

240280-what-happened-wysiwyg-editor-button-forum-view-safari.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Weirdest thing. On my MacbookAir, I have all the icons when I want to reply, but on the "What's New" page, I get all the garbled stuff exactly like on my iMac... I tried switching DNS servers without any change. I'm going on a wild chase here to find out what can differ from one computer to the other. So far, the same OS and Safari versions and they share the same internet connection...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Now the "What's New" page is OK but this is what I get when I reply to a post, No more links to upload or modify text... I'll try to attach a screen capture jpeg but I have to go with the manage attachment in the advance tab...

Attachments

• what's the fudge.jpg
    what's the fudge.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
OK, I got things back to normal, or jpeg was working under the hood while I kept trying at my end.

But thanks to all that supported my frustration. :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I made some additional adjustments that should make things a little faster for some of you.

I'm still not seeing why uploads wouldn't work though. Can someone post a screen shot of the error you're seeing, if anything?

wev

Contributor
I made some additional adjustments that should make things a little faster for some of you.

I'm still not seeing why uploads wouldn't work though. Can someone post a screen shot of the error you're seeing, if anything?

I have attempted to add an image using the standard upload icon. This is what I get/have been getting

2017-01-04_185017.png

Dawg Pics

I am getting other weirdness. "Likes" gray out but don't take. Shout box not loading, icons on the page are all askew.
The gremlins will die eventually.

Samo

A lot of weirdness going on if I may say so. I think I will wait for an upgrade before continuing on. Pretty cool forum though.