Vincent 2014 365 project

Vincent

Teleconverters (Day 11), these 2 are waiting for a 500mm to adopt, any orphans are welcome.

Teleconverters.jpg

I did the things you should not do:
- take a picture with stacked teleconverters
- take a picture at ISO 25200
- take a 560mm picture handheld (with VR II though) in low light
- take a picture with with AF on a lens that has maximum opening f8 on a D7000

but still it works (maybe not professional grade) but it is a lot better then nothing:
Staking TC 2.0 & 1.4 part1.jpg

Vincent

Frozen puddle (Day 12), I was looking for wildlife, sadly I missed the superb fox, since my camera was not ready when it jumped up to escape.
Remember several days this week it was over 12deg centigrade, here in the afternoon there was still ice.

Frozen puddle.jpg

an other story, I choose a nature area to go wildlife chasing via google earth, when I arrived though I had to rethink due to this sign:

Death warning - live shooting.jpg

I understood there would be life amo used in exercise, when I got out of the car I heard some light artillery weapons fire, I will not go there.
On top of this I go in camo these days, I doubt the Belgians this close to Bastogne will appreciate my German camouflage pattern.

Some more pictures of the Nikon TC-20E III stacked with the Kenko Pro300 DSG 1,4 on the 70-200 mm VRII.

Staking TC 2.0 & 1.4 part2.jpgStaking TC 2.0 & 1.4 part3.jpgStaking TC 2.0 & 1.4 part4.jpgStaking TC 2.0 & 1.4 part5.jpg

I believe it shows that this combination allows reasonable results when you get the subject framed correctly.
Just to explain, the bird of pray was probably about 150m away, the 2 birds 40m (up in a high tree), the berries 15m, the plastic wrapped balls of hay about 30m.

Scott Murray

The plastic wrapped hay is actually silage, the grass ferments inside and the dairy cows love it, if it doesn't get holes in it it has a sweet smell but if it gets holes then it goes putrid and stinks and is slimey.

Vincent

Water tank (Day 13):

Water tank sepia.jpg

When I got out of the car, I hear a playful bunch and it seems they were not shy, so I could show the quality of the TC´s:

I went closer (but seem to have missed the settings on those) so all pictures are from about the same position:

200mm (no TC, sadly I failed to verify the ISO and at 2000 cropping is excluded)
200mm birds.jpg

400mm (with TC 2)

400mm bird.jpg

550mm (actually it should be 560mm, but it does not show this, with TC2 + TC1,4 stacked):

550mm Bird.jpg

Vincent

Bentley emblem (Day 15), was a kind of joke when I saw it this morning, but ended to be the picture.

Bentley emblem 2.jpg

The Bentley cabrio seems to be a standard car (it is not, but you do see them around).

Vincent

CLS with moon (Day 16), there is a trend, I tried some other things, but the choice was this one:

CLS and moon.jpg

The reason I bought the Kenko 1,4 was to use it on not Nikon gear as well, strangely this one (and I seem to like it):
Nikon D7000 11-16mm F/2.8 22mm(that is on 16mm) F/4 (that is full open) 10s ISO 100

Last edited:

snaphappy

Interesting took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. At first I thought it was light painting until I made photo bigger :)

Vincent

Statue (Day 17), I had a long day without pictures and I just came out of a parking lot and took the first interesting thing.

Statue + old building.jpg

Reading about the man depicted, it seems he was for competition and free enterprise more then intellectual property, quite a controversial figure.

Interesting took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. At first I thought it was light painting until I made photo bigger :)

I actually think that light painting (plain) on the car would have made it better, I hope I have learned and will remember.

Last edited:

Vincent

Fiat 500 (Day 20) another quick shot, with the bad weather and a lot of other activities did not come to think long about the picture today:

View attachment 68142

Edit: strangely in edit I see it, uploading has been strange the last days.

Fiat 500.jpg

Last edited:

Vincent

Public space (Day 21), I decided a month ago to participate in a local photo-competition on public space, till now I did not really go out an take pictures for it, I did on Wednesday. This one I do not keep in my selection, works on the left make that I can not get the frame I want, on the right they are building as well, maybe later it will give something better, might try standing a lot further with a longer lens, but also the dominant light (changes colour) is an issue I believe:

public space esch belval.jpg

Vincent

Little bird (Day 22), I missed the first bunch when I was tanking, so I went back to the place I first tried with the stacked teleconverters, but better positioned this time.
No birds at first, but they showed up quite quickly.

Birdie.jpg

Nikon D7000 VR 70-200mm F/2.8G 550mm F/10 1/100s ISO 1250

I was on AP; VR saved me it seems I had speeds of 1/400 with that ISO when I checked before.

Vincent

Playground (Day 23), I looked into more public space, this one I reject in the series:

Playground.jpg

The responsible of the kids came straight to me when she saw the camera to ask I would not take pictures of the kids. I explained what I was doing and she was OK with it. However I was chased by an angry mob of children that felt insulted I did not take pictures of them.:D

I also tried to do an abstract picture, not fully happy with it yet and need to be lucky with the cars (mostly they came the wrong direction):

Abstract 1.jpg

Vincent

Statue (Day 24), to focus in the dark is still an art that I do not master, not very bad, but not very good either:

Statue 2.jpg

This was light painted btw.

Vincent

Port Ellen (Day 25), for those that know excellent drams will understand I enjoyed the drink a lot, but regret the bottle gave it´s last drop:

Scott´s Port Ellen.jpg