jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Nikon-Df-body-design.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
​It's already listed on Amazon, but doesn't have a price yet:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00GD1KASM&linkCode=as2&tag=nikonites-20

Description from the listing:
Reignite your passion for photography with this thrilling blend of classic and modern. On the outside, it's classic Nikon—our thinnest, lightest FX-format body with an elegant mechanical operation system inspired by the legendary F, F3 and FM/FE series film cameras. On the inside, it's flagship Nikon D-SLR—the advanced 16.2-MP FX-format image sensor and EXPEED 3 processing engine from the D4, our ultra-fast 39-point AF system, an ultra-high resolution LCD display and even Wi-Fi® photo sharing (with optional adapter). Embrace a more personal shooting style that results in some of your most inspiring photos yet.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Also higher resolution images:

Attachments

• 81UwvKh-tNL._SL1500_.jpg
    81UwvKh-tNL._SL1500_.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 81Msv2asNLL._SL1500_.jpg
    81Msv2asNLL._SL1500_.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 846
  • 812SpOuzV3L._SL1500_.jpg
    812SpOuzV3L._SL1500_.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 128

Mark F

They really like that 39 point af
It will be ok if the points are spread out over viewing area
Lighter usually means plastic.. I'll be interested in the pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Let's hope it's more metal than plastic. I'll be looking for a teardown report before buying one. I picked up a pair of last-run F3HP's with MD-4's, they will outlast me. My 1983 F3AF is still running strong.

Brian

If it's the same sensor used in the D4- that works for me. A good match for classic manual focus lenses, and a very high saturation count.

Brian

The image on the Nikon Rumors website shows a non-AI 55/1.2 lens mounted on it, with an early 43~86 Zoom-Nikkor next to it. The ad recreates a Nikon F ad, I have somewhere in the closet. I'm going to guess that it has the flip-up AI lever used with the F3, FM/FE, EL2, and Nikkormat FT3. That's retro.
$2800 for the same sensor used in the D4- if the build quality is good, I'm sold. Price- about the same as the last Nikon I bought, an S3-2000.
It's much cheaper than my other cameras that I use with Nikkor lenses.

BackdoorArts

Anyone see if it has auto-bracketing?

There's a Bkt button where it's supposed to be, on the side of the prism, in one of the photos.

As for the 16MP vs. 24MP thing, I could go back given the quality of the sensor, but not at an increase in price. At $2K there's a very strong chance that I'd be all over this at some point (after the dust settles). At this price it buys me nothing when there's a hole I could likely fill in my kit for $2800. Heck, I'll go a second round with a spare D600 when they hit $1199 and lay the rest aside for sensor swabs. LOL

Rick M

Thanks Jake. I wonder if we will see a whole new set of retro lenses come out in addition to the 50mm. My newer nikons (all with the somewhat tacky gold lettering and bands) may look odd on this, but my new sigma might just look right at home.

Rick M

What I don't get is D4 sensor, but only 5.5 fps and 39 AF points. That's the D600 shutter specs! I would have expected more speed when dropping 8mp. I want to like this, but these are "retro" specs. If they are going to use the D4 sensor, why not the shutter and AF to go with it? Could they have been dumb enough to drop the D600 shutter in it? (everything matches!!)