The new Nikon 1 v3

Phillydog1958

The V3's kit lens has that power-zoom feature, which is a hot item amongst video enthusiast, which is another market that Nikon wants to tap into. Most other mirrorless camera manufacturers are appealing to the videographer, photographer and hybrid markets.

I can't believe how versatile and cross-marketable this camera is. Think about it, you can actually strip this camera down by removing the grip and EVF and put it in your pocket.

Rick M

I can't believe how versatile and cross-marketable this camera is. Think about it, you can actually strip this camera down by removing the grip and EVF and put it in your pocket.

Definitely wins the versatility category and I think the IQ for size is going to be unmatched.

Last edited by a moderator:

randyspann

Seems to me that there are many comments out on the web (but has anyone actually had one in hand?). I will be interested to see what improvements have been made in high iso. High ISO, to me, is where my v1 falls down.

crashton

I don't think anyone has had one in hand just yet. It will be interesting to hear what is said when someone gets to use one in the real world.

Seems as those not lots of speculation & little actual info. My speculation is it will be a fine camera that I'd be happy with once they lower the price a bit or let me buy one without the unwanted by me new kit lens.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree with you chuck. I think I would buy just the body without the EVF or grip if the IQ is good.

crashton

I'm warming up to that add on EVF, but why it is fixed is beyond me. Seems a tilting one would have been very handy. I know the screen tilts, but in bright light it will be tough to see. Why didn't Nikon call me & ask? :p

Rick M

I'd really like to see some more purchasing options I'd rather go for just a stripped-down body and add accessories afterwards

Phillydog1958

I'd really like to see some more purchasing options I'd rather go for just a stripped-down body and add accessories afterwards

That would be ideal, Rick, but for some reason, Nikon is dead set to market this item in the US as a second or travel camera for DSLR users. Yet, they're offering stripped-down versions elsewhere . . . I'm assuming that they THINK they've learned from the introduction and consumer acceptance of the V1 and V2. We shall see . . .

Rick M

Yes I don't need anymore encouragement :). This would get more use then my D600 which has already been set as side for serious work only.

randyspann

$1200 ! - Just thinking I could get the new Olympus OMD ME10 plus a nice lens for that much! And will the v3 smaller sensor be able to compete?

Rick M

I hope they have a better ISO spread on this camera nothing between 400 and 800 on the J3 is kind of annoying. Does the v2 have a setting between 400-800?

Rick M

It is definitely a great incentive. With that included my 70-200 f4 becomes a 540mm view and my 105 2.8 macro a 284mm Macro!