Tamron 16-300 'Super Zoom'

Elliot87

I'd love to know how this lens compares to Tamron's 18-270mm lens. The price difference on Amazon is currently around £200. The extra 2mm and 30mm at each end surely won't make a huge difference, if the 18-270mm can match up well for image quality etc. then that's what I'd go for and put the extra £200 towards a nice macro lens.

wev

Contributor
Or! He could mount that 90mm macro lens and post up some shots for our entertainment.:p

It's on the camera now, but the damn hummers told the bugs and they have all gone into hiding! And while I am bent over, peering in vain for a creepy crawler, a hummer settles in for a long, leisurely supper on the salvia a few feet in front of me.

It's a plot, an evil, nasty plot

Philnz

Thanks for all the input on this lens. Thinking of getting one, in the next few weeks. to possibly replace my Nikon 18-200vr. Love to hear any updates, from users.

harleridr

Tamron 16-300

Hi Guys
Has anyone put this lens to work yet? I am giving some thoughts on this or Nikon's 18-300 19 oz. late version.
Harle

wev

Contributor
Re: Tamron 16-300

Yep, just wandered in. I have the 16-300 on my camera every day. Excellent walk about lens, from macro to landscape. It is not perfect, but you'd have to spend a lot more to match it.

wev

Contributor

Good:
Its range
Very fast AF
Very good VR
Minimum focus distance 15.3", so a good macro at 1:2.9
Comfortable size and weight
Great price for the goods

Bad:
Soft (like most) at the far ends.
Considerable edge color aberration when pushed to the limits
Does not do low light that well, but I tend to shoot in pretty lousy light by necessity and have found careful attention to settings can give good results
Unless the light is good, grainy past 800 ISO

harleridr

thankyou wev, looks like I better start savinf my pennies fot the next couple of months
Thanks to everyone for their input.
Harle

billyboybad

Just brought it few weeks back thinking it wasn't wise to invest in expensive lens like 18-300 if I wanna go full frame.

Still have to test its full potential.

clucas

Tamron 16-300mm Lense

Thinking of the Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro lens for my D3200. Wondering if all my cameras features will work with this lens. And looking for comments from others.

wev

Contributor
Re: Tamron 16-300mm Lense

You can take a look at this thread from a few days ago. I shoot a 5100, but there should be no real difference with your body.