Snaphappy's 2014 project 365

snaphappy

Day #12
On Guard
NIK_0352.jpg

There's a moose or 2 over that way but they never came out of trees for us humans to see

hard packed snow trails
NIK_0394.jpg

Buried in snow and exhausted
NIK_0441.jpg

Last edited:

snaphappy

Yeah they let us know Rancher. They're used to the moose but watch very carefully and if she were out of the trees they'd be snorting and more intent. She's taken down our fence a few times in previous years and last year they chased her and her young out again so broke our fence in 2 places. When the coyotes, and bears are in the area they act differently so we can tell what they're watching or upset about. Not much gets past them and if they're slow to notice then the alpacas sound off :) They let me know when to get my camera ready and keep watch hahaha

snaphappy

Day #13
new to me stuff arrived!!
NIK_0519.jpg
Sigh indoor lighting for products just doesn't work out for me.

Sadly I just can't get my new sigma 105mm to work on my D7000. Either camera won't turn on or if I get it turn on it won't focus. I have the aperture locked properly and figured out the af/mf but my camera doesn't like it or I'm lacking knowledge and need help so no playing for me tonight. I couldn't find a manual online so will have to give camera store a call tomorrow. However my 24mm 2.8 Nikkor works perfectly and I'm excited to get out and point at the skies if they ever clear up. 24mm is a super nice heavy little lens and glass in amazing condition although missing the locking switch so got a greta deal.

So late night white poster board underneath and held up behind as well, terrible yellowish dining room light above and my Sb-700 finality got the shot clear although yellowed so thats tonights terrible attempt at an indoor photo

RockyNH_RIP

Thay looks like my 105,i need AF switched on the D7000,focus ring on lens pulled forward and i have the lens switch on full

Agree with what Mike suggested... also, did you buy New or Used... is it an older vintage or the newest?
Some of the older ones needed a chip update... The one I got did (but had been done by previous owner as I had the papers from sigma)

Pat in NH

snaphappy

Yeah thats what I thought and how I had it set but my camera does not like the lens at all. It is an older used lens so maybe too old IDK. I took cell photos of my camera with lens mounted and emailed camera store so hoping they'll get back to me soon. My camera just does not recognize the lens at all. It's a pain not having a camera store anywhere near us.

So here's my new 24mm 2.8 on my camera everything looks good and works great
IMG_1518.jpg

Then when I put the Sigma 105mm macro on my camera I get this
Either absolutely nothing even screen light won't light up
IMG_1517.jpg

Or this
IMG_1515.jpg

Or this, If I depress the lens release on my camera and turn it slightly like I'm going to take lens off I get something but I can't adjust camera settings at all
IMG_1516.jpg

Sigh going to send the lens back so no macro lens for me :(

Last edited: