Snaphappy's 2014 project 365

snaphappy

He's been working on it since the beginning and in the photos I finally got for him he is using his cane. His pig pen is not the nicest back ground and as you can see in picture above I didn't want to take my camera into the pen LOL He's now got the large sized kiddy pool that he dumps and fills with fresh water twice daily so it is mucky and yucky but pigs LOVE it! Once piggies are out of the pen though it is not easy to contain them or get them to settle. Kid is 50lbs pig is 200lbs :) I actually got some great shots of pig couple times but kid blinked sigh

The little goat I know will only stay tiny for a very short time so have to capture it while I can :) Still haven't come up with a name for the little fella we're terrible at coming up with names!

snaphappy

Wendy you should see the photos I captured but didn't post as I know some are squeamish :) It was really amazing

Thanx Vixen it was one of my favs I captured that evening

snaphappy

Brakes! How do I brake!
DSC_5947.jpg

Hasn't lost his umbilical yet but has perfected his bounce :)
DSC_6057.jpg DSC_6058.jpg DSC_6069.jpg

snaphappy

This year I finally signed up to put some photos in for judging at our Agricultural Fair... I have since learned that my photos just aren't as good as I thought when I took them and I just can't figure out which to ones to enter Sigh
For Abstract or Experimental this is the only one I could come up with
NIK_2191.jpg
That is about as abstract or experimental as I get...

snaphappy

Wild birds category
I have it down to 2 but I think the second has too many distractions and I was losing light
DSC_1271.jpg DSC_1303.jpg
I'm pretty sure I will use 1st one and title it Take out
I thought this would be easy to pick a couple photos to put in but no its not easy at all and has really made me realize my photos suck.

Having to print 8x10 for landscapes also just doesn't work for me :(

Last edited:

Vixen

I can't see the birdie pics (invalid attachment) but I can understand how hard it is to pick photos out from the however many it is you've taken. I wouldn't know where to start :(

I think your cat photo is lovely :D

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Having entered a few wildlife photo contests I can understand your dilemma. It's tough to pick the right ones. Good luck!

I'm also getting invalid attachment on the birds.

snaphappy

No I really mean my photos suck! As I go through and find the one I'm looking for thinking it was great and realize oh god why did I shoot that at f18 or the lighting is terrible sigh. I think that's why I like shooting in winter or night better because in nice weather I'm busy with family during golden hours and in winter I quite often get nice soft light during the day when I'm free to play with my camera.

The upside is I can see that I'm learning because looking at things I shot last Fall make me sigh and realize I could have done better

Vixen

In B&W...I like #2 & #3 :D

and portraits I like #1. The B&W is a nice shot but when I look at it I tend to be drawn to look first at the duckling, so for me the shot is more about the duckling.

Everyone you ask, or who looks at the final decisions you made when they are on display, will view each one differently, so go with what you like best :D

Last edited: