She's Dead

Ironwood

Now I get this from Nikon

Problem: FOR RE-ESTIMATE NO DISPLAY OR USE OF FUNTIONS REPLACE PRODUCT OFFER NEW D7200;$1147.97+TAX
Total cost of repair: $1,297.21*

So I guess its not fixable wish they would tell me what is wrong with it :mad:

That really sucks Kevin, sounds unbelievable that it could cost them that much to fix it.

Danno

Problem: FOR RE-ESTIMATE NO DISPLAY OR USE OF FUNTIONS REPLACE PRODUCT OFFER NEW D7200;$1147.97+TAX

I am really sorry to hear that Kevin. It would be nice to know what broke.

Bikerbrent

Bummer! And to rub salt into the wound Nikon USA wants you to pay $1147.97+TAX for a replacement D7200 when you can get one from B&H for $996.95 and no TAX (not gray market). I would insist on knowing what failed to make sure I didn't do something that caused the failure.

Kevin H

Bummer! And to rub salt into the wound Nikon USA wants you to pay $1147.97+TAX for a replacement D7200 when you can get one from B&H for $996.95 and no TAX (not gray market). I would insist on knowing what failed to make sure I didn't do something that caused the failure.

Price is Canadian
American Dollars it would be 972.49

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

I think what they said is that they are OFFERING that you buy a new camera. If you insist, they probably would repair it for the price they estimated.

They can try sometimes. I remember sending a 17-55 in Montreal and they wrote back it should be replaced. I asked for another estimate with exact costs, they sent it to Toronto and they did repair it for 400.00$

You must be persuasive too.

Kevin H

I think what they said is that they are OFFERING that you buy a new camera. If you insist, they probably would repair it for the price they estimated.

They can try sometimes. I remember sending a 17-55 in Montreal and they wrote back it should be replaced. I asked for another estimate with exact costs, they sent it to Toronto and they did repair it for 400.00$

You must be persuasive too.

Wife gave me the go ahead on the D7200:D so maybe I do that take the D7100 to another repair shop and see if they can fix it I could probably sell it for $500 Canadian and get a wide angle lens with that cash :D

Blacktop

Wife gave me the go ahead on the D7200:D so maybe I do that take the D7100 to another repair shop and see if they can fix it I could probably sell it for $500 Canadian and get a wide angle lens with that cash :D

Did you not run the D500 by the wife? :indecisiveness:

RocketCowboy

I know a great 10-24mm wide angle DX lens you could buy with that extra cash... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk