She's Dead

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Operator Error
Two cameras with buttons in different places have caused operator error for me on various occasions. Yesterday was a prime example. Shooting the D7100 in Manual Mode and noticed after a while that the shutter speed kept jumping up and down with each shot. I then noticed that I had a BRKT symbol on the top LCD screen. I didn't set bracketing! I know I didn't. I have never used bracketing with the D7100. I do it manually if I want it. I started searching the menus to try to figure out how to turn it off. Nothing, only a menu item to adjust the bracketing differential/offset to use. Finally I noticed the little button on the left of the camera that was labeled BRKT. Pushed it and all was good. How did I do that? Then the light bulb came on. I have the D5300 set up so the FN button is used to change the ISO. In a rush to get a shot and needing a higher ISO on the D7100 I must have hit the BRKT button to change it. Then I realized that it was the wrong button and found the right one, however I never realized that I had set BRKT on.

I know a long story to illustrate Operator Error. Don't worry, I won't bore you with the many other instances that have occurred by Operator Error.

<Now back to the regularly scheduled programming>

nikonpup

operator error
two cameras with buttons in different places have caused operator error for me on various occasions. Yesterday was a prime example. Shooting the d7100 in manual mode and noticed after a while that the shutter speed kept jumping up and down with each shot. I then noticed that i had a brkt symbol on the top lcd screen. I didn't set bracketing! I know i didn't. I have never used bracketing with the d7100. I do it manually if i want it. I started searching the menus to try to figure out how to turn it off. Nothing, only a menu item to adjust the bracketing differential/offset to use. Finally i noticed the little button on the left of the camera that was labeled brkt. Pushed it and all was good. How did i do that? Then the light bulb came on. I have the d5300 set up so the fn button is used to change the iso. In a rush to get a shot and needing a higher iso on the d7100 i must have hit the brkt button to change it. Then i realized that it was the wrong button and found the right one, however i never realized that i had set brkt on.

I know a long story to illustrate operator error. Don't worry, i won't bore you with the many other instances that have occurred by operator error.

<now back to the regularly scheduled programming>
operator error manual would run to several hundred pages or about as many as the manual del usuario and old age doesn't help. :-(

Kevin H

Here what I got in an Email from Nikon Canada

Problem: COMMUNICATION NO DISPLAY OR USE OF FUNTIONS UNIT HAS POWER/ LCD repair circuit
Total cost of repair: $254.24*

Kevin H

Now I get this from Nikon

Problem: FOR RE-ESTIMATE NO DISPLAY OR USE OF FUNTIONS REPLACE PRODUCT OFFER NEW D7200;$1147.97+TAX
Total cost of repair: $1,297.21*

So I guess its not fixable wish they would tell me what is wrong with it :mad:

Scott Murray

Now I get this from Nikon

Problem: FOR RE-ESTIMATE NO DISPLAY OR USE OF FUNTIONS REPLACE PRODUCT OFFER NEW D7200;$1147.97+TAX
Total cost of repair: $1,297.21*

So I guess its not fixable wish they would tell me what is wrong with it :mad:
Hmmm not good, I would ask for a run down and costing of whats wrong.