Rob's Project 365 for 2013

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Day 010 (Now we're in the double digits!)

This is Jay, he's one of our Greyhounds. His racing name was Rapido Jay with an ear tattoo of 25E-30886. He has seven brothers and sisters. His Sire is Rapido Omar, and his Dam is Rapido Tamara, none of which I've seen. Out of 37 races, he won 6 and came in second 8 times. Then he broke his leg. This is when we appeared in his life and we rescued him, fixed him up, then we fostered him, then kept him. He's now taking his retirement very seriously where he gets three fenced acres to run around in outside, and a Coolaroo bed to sleep 20 hours a day inside.

He was a Class A racer. Making him the fastest Greyhound I've ever seen come through this house, and we've had over a hundred fosters come through here. (He can be downright scary when he's coming straight at you. Just remember to hold still, he won't hit you.) I've been trying to get a picture of him running, but they either come out blurry or, like today, he just didn't want to run for me. Oh well... Someday, I'll get it!

View attachment 24009

If you're bored, you can go to www.greyound-data.com and type Rapido Jay in the search and his pedigree will pop right up and someone actually took a picture of him during one of his races there too.

Great story and rescue!

Kias

Let us know how that works out for you when the FBI comes knockin at your door. LOL

Don't pop my bubble! I'm starting to think I have the "Good Guy" mark on my records. I never get a ticket if I get pulled over. I breeze through TSA lines. The most customs has ever asked me is, "How was your trip?"

Now, my wife on the other hand, always gets a ticket. She get's searched by TSA, EVERY TIME! ...and if she goes to Canada, they search her vehicle!

I think it's because she definitely looks like she's up to no good.

20121231-_1RB1955.jpg

Ok, actually, I think there's other reasons she gets a lot of attention, but I try not to think about that.

Kim20

Love the greyhound story, and the portrait of Jay is wonderful. I am looking forward to the action shot, and I am confident that it is only a matter of time til you accomplish it!

fotojack

hehehe.....great narrative skills, composition skills, terrific imagination in your shots....:) You're fitting in just fine here. :)

Kias

Day 011

Today I got to thinking about how I could single handedly save the world's energy crisis. So I started plugging away at complicated mathematical formulas and after about half an hour I had a working prototype.

Unfortunately, right after I took this photo, the bulb exploded which caught the building on fire and the whole thing went up in smoke.

I'm too tired to do it all over again.

:cool:

20130111-_1RB2486.jpg

Last edited:

Kias

Day 012

Not too much playing with the camera today. Had to do some winemaking chores, and then clean the garage out.

The batches from Day 005 are moving right along!

Reisling, Red Zinfandel, Pinot

20130112-_1RB2491.jpg

Kias

Day 013, just a couple minutes into.

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'alls neighborhood

20130113-_1RB2510.jpg

Kias

Day 014

Happy Birthday to my Son! (Mini Birthday Party #1) Main party pics coming Wednesday, or Thursday. Maybe it's tomorrow. Well, it's whenever my wife says, "Lets go!" Yup, that's how I get my information! :rolleyes:

I had like 6 seconds to grab my camera and adjust everything. I'd never of been able to pull that off a month ago. Didn't get the eye's in focus, but not bad for a newbie. Missed the fire, but his face is enough. LOL

20130114-_1RB2559.jpg

Kias

Day 015.5 in the chicken coup

Well, this didn't happen tomorrow so I can't use it tomorrow, but it is almost as weird as when I gathered that egg with no shell!

Left: Super Duper Extra Teensy Weensy
Center: Normal -n- Boring size
Right: OUCH!

Center Front: AA is not from a chicken.

20130115-_1RB2575.jpg

Kias

Me too! No idea really. I took the chicken-cam down, so we can't stalk them anymore.

We have six chickens that lay brown eggs, so we've definitely narrowed it down to one or more of those six... Out of seven chickens. :frog:

Kias

Day 016

Twenty mile from home and twenty miles to the restaurant. I proclaim, "Agggh! I forgot the camera!"

So here's a plate of food, compliments of my phone!

paheqava.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kias

No, that's a normal distance to a restaurant.

Our 2010 Ford fusion has 100,000 + miles on it. Thus is the country life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus