Rob's Project 365 for 2013

Kias

According to Wikipedia, the term high tech refers to technology that is at the cutting edge: the most advanced technology currently available. It is often used in reference to micro-electronics, rather than other technologies. The adjective form is hyphenated: high-tech or high-technology.

High-tech light painting.
20130106-_1RB2248.jpg

Kias

Day 007

What I was going to shoot today did not show up. Haven't seen it all day. Don't know where it is. Don't know why that is. Usually something bad has happened when it doesn't show up. So I'll try again some other day.

Meanwhile, here's a candle. Along with our three favorite Wineries.
  • Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton, Massachusetts
  • Stoney Ridge Winery in Bryan, Ohio
  • My Winery (Can't afford custom corks, camera stuff costs too much!)
20130107-_1RB2270.jpg

DTigga

We're now down one glass casserole pan, I'm down a few ml of blood, and it just ain't as easy as it looks.

View attachment 23631[/QUOTE]

Gotta tell you, it doesn't look easy!

Awesome job.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Kias

Day 008

20130108-_1RB2282.jpg

Today was the day! I finally caught that silly ghost train that goes by all the time!

I'll have to try to catch it again someday when it's warmer. I spent 2 hours waiting for it today. Brrrr! What I saw, and what my lens saw were two different things, so I severely cropped the photo. Next time, I'll have to wait until it's much much much closer to me!

Learning more and more every day!

20130108-_1RB2280.jpg

Kias

HaHa! The camera is more of a realist. :)

I don't know...

I think my camera is lying. I was twenty feet behind and off to the side of my camera with the remote in my hand. So the camera was definitely closer than I was!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kias

Day 009 (NOT in the double digits! See next photo.)

Slight delay posting today's photo due to the wife hogging the computer for graduate classes... Like that's an excuse. Pshaw!

Anyways, I couldn't do just one photo, so I did 120 of them.

This is my first attempt at this. If adjusting the intervalometer twice doesn't count.

I call this, "Planes, Trains, and Startrails!"
20130110-Startrails.jpg

Last edited:

Kias

Thanks!

The funny thing is, I couldn't decide which one was the North Star. I looked at the one up in the right corner first, then saw a brighter one to the left(ish) and thought the North Star had to be that one... Guess I was wrong, but I liked the way it turned out.

Kias

Day 010 (Now we're in the double digits!)This is Jay, he's one of our Greyhounds. His racing name was Rapido Jay with an ear tattoo of 25E-30886. He has seven brothers and sisters. His Sire is Rapido Omar, and his Dam is Rapido Tamara, none of which I've seen. Out of 37 races, he won 6 and came in second 8 times. Then he broke his leg. This is when we appeared in his life and we rescued him, fixed him up, then we fostered him, then kept him. He's now taking his retirement very seriously where he gets three fenced acres to run around in outside, and a Coolaroo bed to sleep 20 hours a day inside.He was a Class A racer. Making him the fastest Greyhound I've ever seen come through this house, and we've had over a hundred fosters come through here. (He can be downright scary when he's coming straight at you. Just remember to hold still, he won't hit you.) I've been trying to get a picture of him running, but they either come out blurry or, like today, he just didn't want to run for me. Oh well... Someday, I'll get it!
20130110-_1RB2477.jpg
If you're bored, you can go to www.greyhound-data.com and type Rapido Jay in the search and his pedigree will pop right up and someone actually took a picture of him during one of his races there too.

--edit---
Hmmm... Looks like if you click that link, it takes the dash out of the URL. Strange...

--more editing--
Nope, I forgot the H. All fixed now!

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Nice image of a beautiful dog... watch out, lots of cat photos here! :cool:
FYI, today is actually day 10...

Thanks for what you do for the dogs!

Pat in NH

Kias

We currently have 6 Golden Comets, 1 Leghorn, 2 Greyhounds, 1 Yellow Lab, 2 cats, and 2 county fair goldfish my son won that are now 6 years old and refuse to die. There's probably a partridge in a pear tree somewhere too. So expect lots of dog pictures this year! ...and chickens, and cats, and fish.

Kias

who made the ball mount?

That is a Vanguard GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head. I love it! Though, if your grip strength is on the weaker side, I wouldn't recommend it.

I got it specifically to move the camera to another position rapidly. There's a Boeing 747 that sneaks up on me at least once a year out here, and I've yet been able to get a good picture of it. It looks like it's flying about 50 feet off the ground, though I know it has to be at least 500, that's the law. But you can barely hear it running, it's always flying dirty and slow in landing configuration with flaps full out and wheels down, and it just gradually and slowly makes a right hand turn over my house and heads back towards the airport some 40ish miles away.

It always scares me though. I just turn around and there's this HUGE aircraft right in my face! It doesn't appear to be going fast enough to even stay in the air. But Vso is around 115 kts, so I know it's probably at least 30% above that. It just doesn't belong out around the cornfields so it just looks wrong in so many ways.

Anway, that's my mission this year, to shoot that plane!

---Hmmm.. Hope the FBI doesn't take that out of context!---

Last edited:

grandpaw

That is a Vanguard GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head. I love it! Though, if your grip strength is on the weaker side, I wouldn't recommend it.

I got it specifically to move the camera to another position rapidly. There's a Boeing 747 that sneaks up on me at least once a year out here, and I've yet been able to get a good picture of it. It looks like it's flying about 50 feet off the ground, though I know it has to be at least 500, that's the law. But you can barely hear it running, it's always flying dirty and slow in landing configuration with flaps full out and wheels down, and it just gradually and slowly makes a right hand turn over my house and heads back towards the airport some 40ish miles away.

It always scares me though. I just turn around and there's this HUGE aircraft right in my face! It doesn't appear to be going fast enough to even stay in the air. But Vso is around 115 kts, so I know it's probably at least 30% above that. It just doesn't belong out around the cornfields so it just looks wrong in so many ways.

---Hmmm.. Hope the FBI doesn't take that out of context!---

You may want to re word that to take a picture of the plane.

nikonpup

that is a vanguard gh-100 pistol grip ball head. I love it! Though, if your grip strength is on the weaker side, i wouldn't recommend it.

I got it specifically to move the camera to another position rapidly. There's a boeing 747 that sneaks up on me at least once a year out here, and i've yet been able to get a good picture of it. It looks like it's flying about 50 feet off the ground, though i know it has to be at least 500, that's the law. But you can barely hear it running, it's always flying dirty and slow in landing configuration with flaps full out and wheels down, and it just gradually and slowly makes a right hand turn over my house and heads back towards the airport some 40ish miles away.

It always scares me though. I just turn around and there's this huge aircraft right in my face! It doesn't appear to be going fast enough to even stay in the air. But vso is around 115 kts, so i know it's probably at least 30% above that. It just doesn't belong out around the cornfields so it just looks wrong in so many ways.

---hmmm.. Hope the fbi doesn't take that out of context!---
i use a manfrotto 322rc2. I like this configuration, it is easier for me to work the release and take a shot.MONFROTTO 012.JPG