Rick's Nikon 1.8G Series Thread

Rick M

You're right Marcel! From a gear perspective, it gives me the sense that I have done the best I can. I don't have to wonder if I had a better camera, if I had a better lens, it's all on me now.

Rick M

28mm 1.8G, How about this back yard?

DSC_0871_4227_2_4228_3_4229_tonemapped-2.jpg

aZuMi

Awesome shots Rick! Thanks to you, I sold my 50mm 1.8D and got myself the G version. I know it's not a big difference, but sharpness and bokeh are important for the 50mm.

Time to save up for 85mm to match your trio! :)

Rick M

Awesome shots Rick! Thanks to you, I sold my 50mm 1.8D and got myself the G version. I know it's not a big difference, but sharpness and bokeh are important for the 50mm.

Time to save up for 85mm to match your trio! :)

You'll love the 50G, I hope to get thye 85 soon to complete the set. I'm really excited about the future 1.8G's comming out (hopefully). Earlier this year Nikon filed patents for a 18mm, 20mm and 135mm 1.8 G's. I'd love either of the wides and the 135! this is going to be an awesome set of primes at a reasonable price!

Rick M

Picked up the 85mm 1.8G today to complete my set. Here's a few test shots, original followed by a crop,

At f1.8,

DSC_0975_4331-2.jpg

DSC_0975_4331.jpg

At f3.5,

DSC_0984_4340-2.jpg

DSC_0984_4340.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
Very nice!! I love this lens, I think it's the best portrait lens in Nikon's suit of lenses.

So how are you liking your D600? Have you tried shooting with the DX camera again after using the FX for awhile? For me, when I pick up the D7000 and try to take a photo everything looks all small and cramped. I didn't notice much of a difference going from the D7000 to the D800 but going backwards is a huge difference.

Rick M

So how are you liking your D600? Have you tried shooting with the DX camera again after using the FX for awhile? For me, when I pick up the D7000 and try to take a photo everything looks all small and cramped. I didn't notice much of a difference going from the D7000 to the D800 but going backwards is a huge difference.

Love the D600, I sold the D5100 to get the D600 so I can't go back! It's a huge difference, like going from my ford festiva to my F150 :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Love the D600, I sold the D5100 to get the D600 so I can't go back! It's a huge difference, like going from my ford festiva to my F150 :)

Ah! Finally gave in to the FX. I knew you would like it and it is a big difference. Congrats on you new toys. This hobby is definitely not cheap.

Eye-level

Banned

Plus really good spark plugs! :)

Cnyrim the FX suits you better...it is evident...perfect transition in your photography.

Last edited: