Project 365 -- KWJams

ohkphoto

Snow White
All nice captures, Ken! Shows you're out there "experimenting". I especially like the little guy "driving".
Count yourself lucky with the rain. I would gladly do a little trade! Keep up the good work!

KWJams

Thank you,

June 3,

Today I was down in Wyoming hunting clouds. :)

Didn't find any keepers, but got a pretty nice landscape of Sheep Mountain with the snow capped Big Horn Mountains on the horizon.

May2011_4567.jpg

Last edited:

KWJams

June 4

After yard work all morning, I took a kitchen pass and went for a ride. But first off I wanted to go by and thank Montana Congressman Denny Rehberg who was hosting a barbecue as part of his campaign to run for the Senate.
A couple of years ago one of the most idiotic laws ever passed went into the books that outlawed the sale of dirt bikes intended for kids because there are parts of the dirt bikes that contain lead. Kids don't eat dirt bikes -- they ride them and Congressman Rehberg introduced a law too amend the lead laws. --> Kids Just Want to Ride Act to be Introduced - Motorcycle USA

Since I had a big expensive looking camera with a long lens, nobody questioned me when I maneuvered into a position where the media works from. :)

Denny Rehberg (Small).jpg

KWJams

Thanks, I learned that it is very difficult to get a good picture of someone while speaking. The mouth is forming words, the eyes are blinking closed or looking around and the hands are flailing around in gestures. Out of about 11 shots that one was the only keeper.

KWJams

June 5

Took a drive this evening hoping to get a nice sunset. Ran out roads and hills before finding what I was looking for as far as a good foreground.

Here is a silhouette of a silo... :)

Silo Silhouette (Small).JPG

KWJams

Thanks all. :)

That picture cost blood! If you notice the flare in the bottom right of picture that is water reflecting the light. Water in that situation means a marsh and a marsh is where I was standing to take the picture while feeding a horde of blood thirsty mosquitoes!

KWJams

June 6

Severe weather warnings with baseball sized hail with tornado warnings was on store for us this evening. Lucky that the worst of it went north of us.
I caught a few pictures from my back deck looking to wards the prairie to the north of our house.
They are grainy and blurry cause I was struggling with my camera settings trying to find a setting that would capture the pitch black of the storm cell along with the flashes of lightening. I had to lighten the second picture up quite a bit to show some contrast.

June 6, 2011 Heights tornado3 (Small).jpg

June 6, 2011 Heights tornado2 (Small).jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Pretty dramatic, Ken! This is one of those situations where you just take what you can get. You got the mood across. Good job! Very scary!
Is that a funnel cloud trying to dip down???!! :eek::eek::eek:

KWJams

Pretty sure it was ---> Tornado spotted west of the Billings Airport; siren sounding in the Heights

Update at 9:35 p.m.:
The National Weather Service reports that a tornado was spotted at 9:27 p.m. 11 miles north of the Billings Heights over Highway 87 moving at 30 mph.
Damage from the the tornado was reported 9 miles southwest of Acton.

We live in the Heights on the very north part of it. After the two houses behind us in the picture there is nothing but prairie all the way to Canada.
Not sure how close that was, but we feel very lucky.

KWJams

We were watching the skies since the sirens were going off and all the emergency alerts were being broadcast. But other than just a light sprinkle and a few gusty breezes, there was nothing. You can see the trees whipping around in front of the house directly behind ours in the lower right corner of the top picture. Yes it was a strange event for sure.

cmsouvign2

Very dramatic Ken. I love the shot, it looks like a funnel cloud to me. This looks very eerie to me and this is wonderful now send that weather to us so we can have some rain we need it too. Rick needs a really bad storm to chase and this weather you had would be the best for him. Keep up the great work and keep these photos coming, I can not wait to see what you come up with next!!!