Post your Train shots!

Sandpatch

Today's P75 at Batesburg-Leesville, SC. Just a short train that runs a local route. Light was kind of weird. [D5100]

2024-01-26f Batesbug Leesville SC - for upload Nikonites.jpg

crashton

Nice catch Sandpatch. The sky does look kind of odd to me. ;) There seems to be some blue and possibly sunlight. Haven't seen that around here for a long time. Grey skies with little light is what we have around here.

Sandpatch

Nice catch Sandpatch. The sky does look kind of odd to me. ;) There seems to be some blue and possibly sunlight. Haven't seen that around here for a long time. Grey skies with little light is what we have around here.

Thank you. The shot was just dumb luck. My wife and I were furniture shopping and when I went to the car to retrieve my tape measure, I heard a horn. I brought the Nikon along, so I was all set. Oh, also found that the chair my wife likes won't fit in the Volkswagen. :unsure: :) Maybe I can ship it by train.

crashton

Wow beautiful photo from the time machine. Kodachrome was such a wonderful film. It's a shame it's gone the way of the Dodo. Thanks Sandpatch this made me smile. :)

wildshots

Both my sons are locomotive engineers so I have train shots. My question is, however, recently there was a derailment near me. It was before dawn and, being concerned about the safety of my sons, I went to the site. I took extensive photos. The quality is poor but the subject matter went nation wide and some even to the UK and to other international feeds. I'm new here and don't want to overload the thread unless most of you would like to view the images. And, if that is the case, should I use the sites upload feature or links from flickr?

Thanks
Sam

Sandpatch

Both my sons are locomotive engineers so I have train shots. My question is, however, recently there was a derailment near me. It was before dawn and, being concerned about the safety of my sons, I went to the site. I took extensive photos. The quality is poor but the subject matter went nation wide and some even to the UK and to other international feeds. I'm new here and don't want to overload the thread unless most of you would like to view the images. And, if that is the case, should I use the sites upload feature or links from flickr?

Thanks
Sam

I'm guessing that if you have a lot of photos, a link to flickr might work best. However, that's just my preference and others may think differently.

wildshots

I'm guessing that if you have a lot of photos, a link to flickr might work best. However, that's just my preference and others may think differently.
Sandpatch,

Thanks for getting back to me. Total there are between 20 and 30 images I'm thinking. So, I'll hold off and let some others weigh in. I do appreciate your input.

Sam

Needa

Challenge Team

Thanks
Sam
How you choose to post is up to you. That said you could post some of the more interesting, better shots here with a link back to the rest.

crashton

Thanks
Sam

Sam, I'm hoping your sons are well and not affected by the derailment.

Post a couple up here and maybe a link to the rest. I'm ok with whatever you choose to do.