Post your Train shots!

crashton

Speaking of the Big Boy anybody have a route of the "tour"? I haven't found anything so far. Is it coming south at all?

I believe the farthest south it was going was Des Moines IA. Did a loop up to Duluth & then down though Wisconsin to Chicago & them back to Cheyenne. No idea where it is now.

Sandpatch

A snapshot from my teen years in about 1976 shows Soo Line 777 at Deval Interlocking at Des Plaines, IL. Taken with a Nikkormat FTn. I miss open cab windows and friendly waves.

1975 Des Plaines IL Deval Interlocking Soo 777.jpg

crashton

Thanks for that great shot from the time machine Sandpatch.:encouragement: Made me smile & remember chasing the Soo in the UP of Michigan. Good times. :adoration:

Sandpatch

Caught Norfolk Southern train 192 today at the south end of the siding at Simpson, SC. Railway signal hounds will note that the signal lacks a number plate, so is an "Absolute" signal, aptly named because a train cannot stop upon a red signal here and then proceed at limited speed. NS adds an extra red signal below the other to amplify the importance of Absolute signals.

2019-08-08 002 Simpson SC - for upload.jpg

Last edited: