Post your sunset shots

TedG954

Tonight's Sunset in the Glades

03-13-14 Sunset.jpg

Chris3000

Tried a few shots of the sunset here in the North Sea. At work atm and the ship is rocking about quite abit so a little bit of noise had to be tolerated :p

DSC_0273.jpg
DSC_0266.jpg

Jonathan

I would love for you to capture that supposed green blip of the last moments of the sun at sea. I have tried for years to see it and never have (sailing on yachts across the Irish Sea).

Chris3000

I would love for you to capture that supposed green blip of the last moments of the sun at sea. I have tried for years to see it and never have (sailing on yachts across the Irish Sea).

Will give it a try if I see it but can`t promise anything!
@wev Yeah, liked the cloud on that one, have to try it from land next time to get that clear cut shot :)

Chris3000

I have seen it here in Norway a few times, a bit further north of where I am now. I haven`t paid it much attention tho, think it was winter time I saw it last, wich makes sense as the sun uses a heck of a long time to set then :) The problem is that there is almost always clouds covering the horizon making it impossible too see anything of the actual sunset...Will keep an eye out the next week or so until I travel back home :)

Chris3000

This would have been the moneyshot but sadly no green blip showed.

Have to apologize for the quality of the pic... We did a vessel move just in the hour of sunset so the ship was rocking quite abit even if the seas were calmer then yesterday :/

DSC_0057.jpg

Chris3000

Ok, here you go @Jonathan :)

It`s a crap photo technical wise, it doesn`t show much of the green blip,and it`s not the sea horizon it ducks below... but here you have it anyway :p

Green blip.jpg
I promise to stop littering horrible photos over this thread now...Next sunset I post will be from solid ground and attached to a tripod!

RON_RIP

Ok, here you go @Jonathan :)

It`s a crap photo technical wise, it doesn`t show much of the green blip,and it`s not the sea horizon it ducks below... but here you have it anyway :p

View attachment 79680
I promise to stop littering horrible photos over this thread now...Next sunset I post will be from solid ground and attached to a tripod!
Just seeing it is suppose to bring you good luck so maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. Don't beat yourself up about the photo, that is the first photo i have ever seen of it so i think you did good.