Post your sunset shots

Peter7100

Sunset1.jpg

blackstar

Wondering if anyone would know, could that be sun spot activity near the centre. Not sure if it's possible to pick up with a 600mm. I'm certain it's not on the lens on sensor whatever it is. Unfortunately I never noticed this until I got home therefore unable to recheck a few times. Maybe @bluzman will know as he is very good with the sun spot shots.
Maybe you should look into your original image, but this is an enlarged one from your posted image:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 3.31.17 PM.png

BF Hammer

Wondering if anyone would know, could that be sun spot activity near the centre. Not sure if it's possible to pick up with a 600mm. I'm certain it's not on the lens on sensor whatever it is. Unfortunately I never noticed this until I got home therefore unable to recheck a few times. Maybe @bluzman will know as he is very good with the sun spot shots.
You can easily capture sunspots at 600mm, but I'm not convinced you got them there without using a solar filter. It could be birds flying between you and the sun. Distant aircraft also. There is enough image compression to make the spots square so no positive ID possible.

Peter7100

You can easily capture sunspots at 600mm, but I'm not convinced you got them there without using a solar filter. It could be birds flying between you and the sun. Distant aircraft also. There is enough image compression to make the spots square so no positive ID possible.
Thanks for the reply. (Just noticed i put the wrong name in my previous post as I believe it is indeed your good self that is the expert on sun spot photo's)